Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possible to have a show quality daily driver that is nice enough to take to shows or is it pointless and impossible to keep a daily driver from looking like one?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
absolutely it's possible. you need to have good insurance coverage on it, a GREAT alarm, and take car of it on a daily basis. never eat, drink, smoke in it. detail weekly, and never drive down roads where you could incur damage. also, know where to and where not to park it.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
It's possible, I've had my car at shows in the past, and I drive it all year round. It won't be as immaculate as brand new but you can pull it off. If your running CF exterior styling and a bunch of very high end mods, as a daily driver, it's pretty much pointless as it'll be impossible to keep the car clean and mint........

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
yeah its doable, it can't be crazy and its hard to keep up a really nice paint job, I , personally, HATE trailer queens and think they should compete seperately from real cars

·
Registered
266 Posts
A car, especially an economy car like the Focus, is built to be driven. You might not be able to compete with total show-only cars that have every inch of their engine bay sparkling clean, but if you dont mind putting in some hours cleaning and detailing then it can turn out pretty well. Just as long as you aren't overly rough on the car and put excessive wear on parts.. you'll have to watch out for door dings, stone chips, wear marks on seats/handles/steering wheel/etc.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
I don't think I'd ever buy a car and put so much money into modifying it just "for show"...I'd be too tempted to drive it EVERY day. Cars were meant to be driven.
[driving]

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i don't intend to modify it just for show, and i actually have to drive it EVERY day since i'm a 19yr college student and have no other way to get around. but since it's all i got i do wanna make it look good.

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Doable but a pita to do so. You'll get lower marks on paint scores in shows because of the daily abuse it takes on the road and you'll have to take extra measures not to eat and stuff in the car. I enter mine in the local hometown shows but it's not about winning for me...it's just about chillin with other car enthusiasts and having people ask me about the SVTF because most people don't know about them. But to have a winning show car as a daily driver....you'll have to take alot of extra precautions when you drive.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I drive my focus everyday. Granted I live where I have to drive about 1/2 mile on gravel. I wash my car everyday to keep dust off it and do a good detail (door jambs, interior, armor all) once a week. I think they lookg good granted would probably look nicer if never driven but whats the point of making it in the first point. I think it is very feasible but agree you have to watch where you park. As a alarm I don't have one but the car is either at my house in the middle of nowhere protected by the labs and rotts or at work (the sheriff's department not too make thieves shop there).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts