Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ,, i have a Gray Interior with some black... the exterior color of my car is black... i can't decide which color to do the interior...

I was thinking Red this include painting the radio bezel, cluster bezel and the air vents red and add Red LED COld cathodes but I'm not sure..

Can you guys show me pictures of your color combinations and see if i could decide..

Thanks,
PRTurboZX3

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
i have blue noen... i like black and blue or green and black... reds really much in my opinion... but in the end its your car... what ever you like

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rudel are u using 12" cold cathode?? and what lights bulbs are you using for the speedo gauges and a/c knobs?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SidewayzS15

how you place the cathode on the roof line??

and what size are they? or are these actually neons, like from advance auto??

By the way it looks awesome..

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
kinda blurry but here is my blue... flash went off... arg but its blue not an aqua...

·
Registered
492 Posts
i disconnected mine when I put in my STS...

when I get them reconnected I'll post a pic. :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sorry, forgot I posted in this section. The roof ones were done by taking the lighting element from teh cold cathode bought from www.oznium.com there is a tutorial in the forum there but basically you have to heat up the glass end to free it from the plastic tube. What I did was used a dremel and cut the plastic tub, little risky but it works, more info on that can be found on the forum there. I mounted them by pulling down the plastic trim and pushing it back in with the wires pinched in it. Here is a picture of it

Hope it helps, if you need/want more help hit me up on aim at SidewayzS15 or email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sweet.. i never thought of taking it out for the cathode thingy.... Thanks,,, I'll let you know as soon as i do it.. and definitibly send you an email is need help... thanks.... looks awesome

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
^^lol yeah well using my shitty digial instead of my parents good one gave it a qierd color... but i get tons of compliments on my lighting... even from a cop at a gas station... i was parked and he pulled up and saw them when i got back in the car... i turned them off b4 driving off after he said how cool they were lol

and as for the light on the roof... id mount them a bit further from the "oh shit" handles cuz i wouldnt want someone to hit it cuz when they break its a [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] mess (had them in my ps2 and they broke)... not cool couldnt immagine it all in my car

·
FF's Quadriplegic!
2,897 Posts
PRTurboZX3 said:
Rudel are u using 12" cold cathode?? and what lights bulbs are you using for the speedo gauges and a/c knobs?
I'm using street glow 9" Neon Tubes. I'm using the OEM light bulbs for the A/C nobs and Gauges.

Amazing what my Canon Power Shot can do when the shutter is left open longer...hehehe.

·
Registered
214 Posts
as far as being mounted by the handles. When the handles are fully extended, it has quite a bit of clearance behind it, plus no one i know uses them so its all good :) I get compliments all the time on my lighting and the install, people want to know how much and when i tell them $350 for everylight, including underbody, they are calling me up next day to order lighting shit for them. :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SidewayzS15

It does looks cool with Blue... Still debating on green or blue... I don't think i'll do underlight since here in VA is Illegal to have them on... but i hear you can have them on as long they are not on while driving... SidewayzS15 i like the taillight what kind are they? where did you get them?

And my compliments to you,, it does looks awesome...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thanks for teh compliments. It is illeal in NY too but as long as you dont drive with it on you should be fine. Also the taillights are TYC and I bought them from a guy called salt and pper or something like that for like 210, great ebay seller Good luck with your lighting

1 - 19 of 19 Posts