Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jimroid and dudemanzx3 have experienced the same thing I was talking about in my other thread about the jerking of the engine around 2,000RPMs. I was wondering if this could be some kind of a defect. The Duratec engine pulls hard at temperatures below 70F. With humidiy and heat 80+F the engine feels too weak. I personally hate to drive it in the heat because of this problem. Does anyone agree?[???:)]

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SVT has it too?

So there you have it. SVT, Duratec, and Zetec have the same problem. I would think that there should be something done about this.

·
Registered
534 Posts
All internal combustion engines will lose power as the outside temperature increases. The air is simply less dense, which means it contains less oxygen, which in turn requires the PCM to decrease the fuel delivered in order to maintain the proper air/fuel ratio for clean combustion. I don't notice anything that I would consider out of the ordinary on my PZEV.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
perhaps...

maybe some lighter pulleys? I don't know. I'm not an engineer. All I'm trying to say is that it's annoying. Plus, the engine quits after 5,000RPMS (no increase in horsepower).

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Stay away from pullies. you can easily lose timing and crush your valves.

as far as the engine not having anything up top it s because of the very weak valve springs that start to float right around 5200rpm.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what should be the next mod?

i have the car lowered, I have an exhaust, I ordered my MM intake. What's next? Cams and valve springs and retainers? Intake manifold?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Are you modding just to mod?

or do you have some goal or purpose behind your vehicle?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
moding

I want my car to stop faster and get a little bit more power from it. I can't afford a real sports car, so I'm modifying my focus little by little. Maybe someday it will be finished.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
you should look into a good suspension system like the h&r cupkit and maybe doing the svt brake conversion. kinda pricey, but very much worthwhile.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I already have a Eibach Pro System

The only thing that I'm still thinking about it the polyurethane bushings and maybe sway bars, but a lot of people say that sway bars don't really give you all that much.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Sway bars are a way to fine tune your suspension. You get the car close to what you want with springs/shocks, then tweak it with different sway bars.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Trust me on the 2000 rpm surging. This is beyond reasonable. When it is hot out,even without the a.c. on it can stumble around real bad. And yes if it does not get better soon it will visit the dealer until it is sorted out. This buggy is great other than that!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts