Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a new 2012 Focus SE back in '12. I have had 9 trips to Ford and 2 clutch replacements and the usual run around on the other trips. I did accept to be entered into the class action, perhaps I screwed myself with that. I went through the BBB lemon auto line thing and had a Ford engineer fly out to see my car back in 2015. Unfortunately my son was born the same week and he was hospitalized for awhile and I let it lapse. The ****er said because I have a couple of Wendy's bags left in my car perhaps the cars issue was because I wasn't clean enough. Yup that's what he said.
Anyway I should have dealt with this years ago but the car is getting worse now at 93k miles.
I am in NY what is he best form of seeking arbitration. Allot of posts talk about it but most are from years ago.

The Detroit Free Press article says up to 94% of us won't see a freaking dime form class action so I am pumped enough now to look into this.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Take the car, drive to Ford HQ, and blow it up.

On a serious note, the only thing you can do is to take it to a dealer and hope they replace the damn clutches again.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Simple. Find a lawyer that specializes in auto lemon laws. Give them a call and they will tell you what’s possible

·
Registered
34 Posts
The car is over 7 years ago, you'll be lucky if you can get Ford to replace the clutches just once more for free.

The class action settlement is being appealed due to the damning documents that came out recently. I personally don't anticipate the judge upholding the settlement in light of this, so more to come.

NHTSB is finally investigating the problems with the Focus, so more to come there as well. They're usually very good, so I don't know why it had to get this bad for them to act...

Anyway, sit tight and wait for more to come. But in the meantime, call Ford and chew them out nicely to see if they'll replace the clutch again. It worked for other folks.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Arbitration to fix the car or for them to buy it back? I would think you're way past any deadline for lemon laws with a 2012.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
Arbitration to fix the car or for them to buy it back? I would think you're way past any deadline for lemon laws with a 2012.
Thats what I'm thinking also.....Really would have been best to do it alot sooner, but then I'm sure you already know this.

·
Registered
349 Posts
From which DFP article did you get the 94% figure? Without reading it, I'm guessing that's in reference to the existing one (Vargas). I'm not sure why they'd speculate on a second lawsuit given the documents from Ford and the fact that the NHTSA investigation is still ongoing.

I'm guessing that you're posting because you're outside of the 7y/100k warranty extension. Some folks have reported getting help from the Ford customer support line: call it in, calmly and clearly describe the situation, tell them you've been a loyal Ford customer for years (doesn't matter if it's true), and ask if there's anything they can do to help. It's within their power to work with your dealership and pre-authorize repair (either via cost-sharing or covering it completely).

If they do that and you get your clutch pack replaced (and possibly your TCM replaced/flashed), I'd consider buying Tom's tune if you want to keep the car longer. It's not magic, but it could very well keep the next pack from wearing out so quickly, giving you a more reliable car while we wait for the NHTSA investigation to complete.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts