Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I've been thinking of painting (or plastidipping?) the spoiler on my race red focus black..I wanna hear your opinions, do you think it would look good? or is it better off on it's original color?

Also, would plastidip be a better option than painting it? if so, why?

Thanks, and happy holidays to you all.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Well, of course it comes down to your personal opinion, but for my opinion, I think it would look great black since you have a hatchback. If you had a sedan, I would have said no.

Plasti dip is always a good option because it's removable. So if you screw it up, you can just peel it off. I've read people having longevity issues with it in really sunny climates and I noticed you are in Oman... So that might be a consideration.

You might also consider your rims and side mirror caps in black Plasti dip.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it's pretty scorching hot here except for these few winter months haha.

I was thinking plastidip because of it not being a permanent thing and also, like you said, because you can just peel it off if I screwed it up.

I am confused though, if I do make it black, should it be both parts of the spoiler or only just the first part?

And yeah the side mirrors are also part of my plans, as for the rims I'm planning on getting aftermarket ones in the future, so I'll just satisfice with the factory ones now

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
I have a sedan and I plasti dipped mine and I love the look. I get compliments all the time on it and I think it really adds to the look of the car. Granted I was already going with a black on red theme. The great thing about plasti dip is that you can always take it off if you dont like it. I will probably end up vinyl wrapping my spoiler though.

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I've seen it somewhere else in these forums, it does look pretty good ? well I think I'm going to go with the plasti-dip option as opposed to painting it

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Its up to you as its your car, plastic dipping or a vinyl wrap is a reverable option vs painting your parts. Me, I'd just leave them & move on to funtional mods.....

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I figured I'd start with the cosmetic stuff until the dealership warranty is over then I'll start really modding the ride.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Yeah I figured I'd start with the cosmetic stuff until the dealership warranty is over then I'll start really modding the ride.
I'd lower it as thats what I did w/in the 1st 2 weeks.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How much did you lower it by? I don't wanna lower it too much that I have to worry about speed bumps and such

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Im lowered on sportlines and it was about a 2 inch drop. Im also fine over speed bumps.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Ill be posting pics qnd a write up on my build thread today.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I am confused though, if I do make it black, should it be both parts of the spoiler or only just the first part?
Just the 1st part. The second part is metal, not plastic and is part of the hatch actually.

Here in the states, that spoiler was offered from the factory only as part of a Black pack package and came in black only, regardless of body color.

If you buy it from a Ford parts store as I did, it comes in primer only, not painted. I paid like $220 to have it painted at a body shop to match the original (Sterling grey) color. They did an excellent job! (Nu-Look in Irondequoit N.Y. for you locals)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts