Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

So thats my 07 Ford Focus, now im looking to put a new hood on it and this is what I was looking at

and if i got this hood should i keep it carbon or paint the hood silver and keep the car all one color and keep it clean??? Thoughts????

If i was to wing it i was looking at the

What do you guys think would look better let me know what to hear what you gotta say????[idea]

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Carbon fiber hood: Yes.

Scoops in hood: No

However, If you do want the scoops in the hood, stay with inset one like the one you have shown. As for painting, I'd recommend painting painting just the sides of the hood leaving the center exposed. I've always loved that look

Don't even go near that wing. If you really want a larger rear wing, go for an SAP style wing.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oor should i keep stock hood and just put in vents and keep them same color as car or black

·
Registered
414 Posts
Leave it how it is right now. Car looks nice and very clean, don't mess it up with hood vents and tall wings.

Reactions: Fuelish1

·
Registered
42 Posts
You know what they say...big wing = short shifter.

Also, the unpainted carbon fiber only looks good for awhile before it starts to cloud up. Then it looks like a hood you were too cheap to have painted.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah slotted and carbon hood no go
Thinking might do the same hood as the 05 focus F2

A vent coming down each side with black mesh under it keep the black silver theme of my ride

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Leave it how it is right now. Car looks nice and very clean, don't mess it up with hood vents and tall wings.
Yeah I'll stay away from thoes hoods... like the clean look might just cut out the vents on each side of the hood like the 05 ford focus F2 iv uploaded pick so u see what I mean

·
Super Moderator
9,564 Posts
You know what they say...big wing = short shifter.

Also, the unpainted carbon fiber only looks good for awhile before it starts to cloud up. Then it looks like a hood you were too cheap to have painted.
It all depends on how well you take care of that hood. I had my ViS Vader hood for 5 years before it started to cloud. But that was only a little bit of clouding on the outside seams. After it started to cloud, I just had the hood painted.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,216 Posts
It looks fine IMO, but the rear bumper is throwing it off. Spend the coin on a SAP bumper or something.

Paint the washer nozzles, door handles (smooth), that will clean it up. Then maybe the mirror caps or get SVT/ST mirrors.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Dude, totally agreed 110%. That car is like mine (same color and overall look) but aside from that, it's total sex on wheels, lol.

Leave it the way it is. If you have to, go carbon fiber, but stay away from both of those wings.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I prefer the look of the SAP wing out of the three. As for the hood, I would go with an OEM style carbon fiber hood. I bought a carbon fiber hood with heat extractors on it because my car was running a little to hot and it helps expel the heat. But in the end it's your car so you do what you want to with it. It's all about what you like.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Its a b2 bodykit full kit with stock rear bumper because the duraflex bumper is off in measurements iv tried two of there rear bumpers both out a inch in the wheel wells buy sides a front and save your money Vis came out with the same rear bumper might try one of there's and see how it fits

1 - 19 of 19 Posts