Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 SE. I have heard many people saying a tune is a good idea, but should I get it if all I have done is a short ram intake and removed the muffler.

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
I have an 08 SE. I have heard many people saying a tune is a good idea, but should I get it if all I have done is a short ram intake and removed the muffler.
Yes.

A good tune will not only improve your power-band, they can help your engine run smoother, and more efficiently.

If you plan on adding more mod's down the line, having a tuner will mean that you get the most out of your mods.

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Wheres a good place to start?
You will need to buy a tuning device. So far as i know, SCT is the only one that is compatible with your year focus.

There are a few options:

1. Find a local tuner and have them make a custom tume on the dyno for you.
+ Usually gets the most out of a car when done in-person on a dyno.
+ Done in a day
- your tuner may or may not be a focus-tuning expert.

2. Purchase a OTS tune from FSWERKS.com.
+ Easy to install, done in minutes
- boxed tunes dont always get the best out of your car.

3. PM 1turbofocus about his tuning services.
+ he has been doing focus tuning since the dawn of man
+ free updates to your tune as you add more parts
- done via datalogging and driving, not quite as good as via dyno
- can take a long time to get tune right.

The choice is yours

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts

·
FF Affiliate
31,101 Posts
The days of having to go to a dyno for a tune are over and have been for some time , with the ability to datalog now and remote tuning like I do you will gain everything that you would gain on a dyno

When tuning on a dyno you tune from what the datalog is telling you not what the dyno is telling you

Remote tuning can be done in a day , its much much less money then a dyno , and with tuning with me you get free tune updates as you add more NA mods

Contact me if your interested in a full custom tune

Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts