Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As topic,

Have been spending lots of time and money on my focus in the past two years.

K&N CAI w/ snorkel deleted
MagnaFlow Cat-back with high flow middle cat-link
Rear bumper lip
SCT tune
E- RMM
Razo heel&toe pedals
Eibach anti-roll swaybars
Mountune performance yellow springs by Eibach
Koni FSD self-adjustable dampers
Steeda Short throw shifter
Factory ST brake calibers (ordered HAWK HPS pads)
BBS 17' forged wheel w/ Bridgestone RE11 215/45/R17
MFactory final drive gear type 4.75 and LSD (just ordered, on its way )

That's pretty much all the mods I have done so far not including those service liquid. I may stop at the point when final drive gear and LSD installed. Two reasons: first I really need to save up, secondly I don't see any more I could possibly do so far...(going to turbo isn't realistic when its compression as high as 12:1)

·
Registered
110 Posts
As topic,

Rear bumper lip
SCT tune
E- RMM
Razo heel&toe pedals

That's pretty much all the mods I have done so far not including those service liquid. I may stop at the point when final drive gear and LSD installed. Two reasons: first I really need to save up, secondly I don't see any more I could possibly do so far...(going to turbo isn't realistic when its compression as high as 12:1)
If you get the ST you'll end up wanting to mod that too. So additional up front cost + more expensive mods. If you can afford that then sure. Go for it!

·
Registered
985 Posts
save up for the ecoboost mustang.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is it available in China, where the OP is?
well, actually Ford does sell Mustang here, they have 3.7L V6, 5.0 V8, Boss 302 and even GT 500, the starting price at appro 70,000 USD, 220,000 USD for a GT500, rumors said ecoboost Mustang is coming too. (Don't ask why the prices are so crazy, do think of the ridiculer government... )

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you get the ST you'll end up wanting to mod that too. So additional up front cost + more expensive mods. If you can afford that then sure. Go for it!
true, don't want does super expensive mods which only give half the result of the money I paid tho…so guess i keep my foci for a bit longer LOL

·
Registered
985 Posts
LOL can't afford a mustang in here, for instance, the money for a the basic 3.7L cost more than twice of a top trim N/A Focus...
ahh that sux. even if you get the ST you will spend money on the mods so its up to you. If you want an engine that can make power easier than get the ST. You can only do so much with the n/a model. I vote for "turbo n/a" :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
ahh that sux. even if you get the ST you will spend money on the mods so its up to you. If you want an engine that can make power easier than get the ST. You can only do so much with the n/a model. I vote for "turbo n/a" :)
Uhhhh....read those last two words again.

·
Registered
297 Posts
As topic,

Rear bumper lip
SCT tune
E- RMM
Razo heel&toe pedals

I had a 2013 ST, and modded it anyways. Got rid of it cause it was too expensive for me (in Canada, everything is expensive) and bought a 2014 SE. I'm still modding it... Don't sell the SE, you will end up modding the ST and go BT. Will cost you a lot.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Turbo the n/a. My bad.
Was just bustin balls :D

To the OP if you are the kind of person who will modify an SE you will do the same to an ST, especially since it has a larger aftermarket.

Nobody has added a turbo to the gdi engines yet. Lots of threads about the topic mostly a waste of time arguing over whether its worth the time/cost/effort.

·
Registered
340 Posts
OP what do you think of the koni fsd dampers. I was deciding on those or bilsteins.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OP what do you think of the koni fsd dampers. I was deciding on those or bilsteins.
The FSD dampers are brilliant, ride feels so natural and not stiff at all, comparing to coil-over it does lean to the soft side but as on corner those shocks do provide enough anti-bodyroll. I used factory springs on FSD, the ride height was ridiculerly high when I was using 215/45/R17 tires, but later I put a set of Mountune yellow lower springs on, the ride height decreased significantly, which those springs was off a Focus ST MK III, I was surprised they fit. As for if I can feel those dampers adjusting hardness, I honestly don't feel any obvious change. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
340 Posts
The FSD dampers are brilliant, ride feels so natural and not stiff at all, comparing to coil-over it does lean to the soft side but as on corner those shocks do provide enough anti-bodyroll. I used factory springs on FSD, the ride height was ridiculerly high when I was using 215/45/R17 tires, but later I put a set of Mountune yellow lower springs on, the ride height decreased significantly, which those springs was off a Focus ST MK III, I was surprised they fit. As for if I can feel those dampers adjusting hardness, I honestly don't feel any obvious change. Hope this helps.

I was planning on stock springs as well, not really looking for lowering because of how bad most roads are by me. The fsds appealed to me bc they claim to adjust for going over rough roads to taking turns. Honestly either fsds or bilsteins are overkill for a daily driver but id like to see how much of a difference either would make on the handling.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was planning on stock springs as well, not really looking for lowering because of how bad most roads are by me. The fsds appealed to me bc they claim to adjust for going over rough roads to taking turns. Honestly either fsds or bilsteins are overkill for a daily driver but id like to see how much of a difference either would make on the handling.

I would say FSD+ stock spring is softer than Bilsteins B12 kit, but you may hardly feel its self-adjust feature, because stock springs are relatively soft. The shocks themselves are very supported and you will have a very good rebound feeling then better handling, why don't you go for a coil-over with a soft setting, you can adjust whatever ride height and hardness you like...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Sorry for bringing this post up from the dead, but if emissions aren't regulated closely where you are a header could be a good mod, it helped my car out quite a bit.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts