Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have come across a 2002 SVT Focus for $13,700.00 with 21,000 miles on it. It was owned by an adult and was said to have been his wifes car. I just want an honest opinion on buying and svt focus with problems benefits and everything taken into consideration.

Thanks,
Brad

·
Registered
278 Posts
i bought my 2002 SVT Focus for $12,700 about 2 weeks ago with only 11,000 miles on it .... the guys smoking crack for 13,700 with 21k on it....

i cant really tell you any problems with the car since im a new owner my self, but its been a fun car to drive and handles very well, not a speed demon if thats what your looking for but some mods can fix that.

·
Registered
278 Posts
kbb for mine was 12,100 or 12,400 i cant remember but i took into consideration that they arnt the easiest cars to find but not the hardest either...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the heads up, I'll look into the pricing more. Any other problems or drawbacks I should consider? I am not looking for anything special, I just like the SVT because it comes better equiped. I'm looking to get rid of my truck and get something cheapoer to help me buy a house later this year. I may just go with a ZX3 since I can find those with low miles for under $10,000.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I bought mine with 17000 miles for 11000 just 2 months ago. Check clutch. SVT's have had clutch problems.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
If you aren't going to be taking hella corners get the ZX3. Its sporty & cheap. The SVT comes with a 10 year, 100,000 mi. warranty & 30,000 mi. bumper to bumper. You get a free loaner any time its in the shop so if something does go wrong you'll still have wheels.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Ok guys and girls, my dealer called today to tell me that my special order for my Com. Oran. Euro, is going to be 9 to 10 weeks, now in the same breath the guy tells me they have a new 0 miles RED 2003 SVT Focus in the lot for 16,000. They also got in a brand new 2004 Pitch Black SVT Focus for 20,000 damn i like the rims on that one, anyway is it worth the wait on the special order or should i jump on the red or black, at this point i just want the SVT focus in orage but are the prices to good to let go by on the other 2?

·
Mtn. Dew
7,223 Posts
bdubb said:
I have come across a 2002 SVT Focus for $13,700.00 with 21,000 miles on it. It was owned by an adult and was said to have been his wifes car. I just want an honest opinion on buying and svt focus with problems benefits and everything taken into consideration.

Thanks,
Brad

I say, go for it. SVT's are really cool cars.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Test drive the car before you buy it If you Love it from the test drive its fate thats what i did

1 - 11 of 11 Posts