Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like my Focus. And I'd probably really love it if I lived in Florida or Kansas. But here in the Allegheny Mountains of Western PA, 160 hp and 146 lb/ft is a bit lacking. And I'd hate to see what my insurance premiums would be in an ST. Maybe Ford should offer something in between, like a 2.3-2.5L with something around 185-200 hp 175-190 lb/ft. Or perhaps just use the 1.6L turbo from the Fiesta ST (197 hp 202 lb/ft). Maybe call it a Focus GT. What do you guys (and girls) think?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Should've had the 1.6 like the fusion had. 180 hp woulda been fine for me

·
Strichmädchen & Koks
3,112 Posts
Generally speaking, insurance premiums on the ST are not much more then the other models.

The cost for a "mid level" Focus with a different (more powerful) engine would probably be VERY close in price to the ST, anyways.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Yes, I totally agree with you. The focus should offer three range: EcoBoost 1L, Current 2L and a 1.6L Turbo. Toyota used to have the Corolla with the Camry engine in it.

·
Registered
620 Posts
They already offer a mid-level. It's called the Titanium. You've got the SE, Titanium and ST. Well also the electric but I don't count that. They need to concentrate on bringing the RS over here!

·
Registered
44 Posts
They already offer a mid-level. It's called the Titanium. You've got the SE, Titanium and ST. Well also the electric but I don't count that. They need to concentrate on bringing the RS over here!
I dont really consider that ST a model considering its not readily available, and its not a model you regularly see around (at least where i live). They should've run the SEL model into 2014 as well with maybe a beefed up powertrain. I wouldve loved to had something other than my SE but without spending titanium money

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
I dont really consider that ST a model considering its not readily available, and its not a model you regularly see around (at least where i live). They should've run the SEL model into 2014 as well with maybe a beefed up powertrain. I wouldve loved to had something other than my SE but without spending titanium money
They made over 13,575 STs for the 2013 Model Year.

The SEL went away because Ford realized they can charge more for the SE with all the SEL amenities and streamline the production process.

The SE 201A package for 2013+ is basically the old SEL 300A level minus the dual zone climate control. Order MFT and you get the DZ-EATC also.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts

The SEL went away because Ford realized they can charge more for the SE with all the SEL amenities and streamline the production process.

The SE 201A package for 2013+ is basically the old SEL 300A level minus the dual zone climate control. Order MFT and you get the DZ-EATC also.
All this^^^^^^^ makes sense. Streamline the production & get the rs rolling.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
For a model that has a 100% manual transmission take rate that's not bad compared to the S/SE/Ti with 5MT iirc. (13575 units for 2013, and more still this year).

·
Adam
2,303 Posts
He meant engine wise I think. Europe has a few engines, but I don't think many Americans would go for it. You either get a Focus because it's fuel efficient, or because it's *sporty. At least that's what their market research shows.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I dont really consider that ST a model considering its not readily available, and its not a model you regularly see around (at least where i live).
I see ST's everyday. I'm in between 2 dealers and they both have them in stock.

and this why I don't consider the ST a limited model. Ford, bring the RS!

·
Registered
580 Posts
i would have paid more to get ~200hp in my Titanium.

it was a tough call; Ti+DCT or ST+(all options). but i wanted DCT, which is why i ultimately didn't go with a loaded out ST.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i would have paid more to get ~200hp in my Titanium.

it was a tough call; Ti+DCT or ST+(all options). but i wanted DCT, which is why i ultimately didn't go with a loaded out ST.
IF you dont mind me asking, what was the sticker on your Ti? I ask for sticker because my SE stickered for $21,040 but i only paid $17,XXX after tax tag and title so im trying to see what i couldve paid :/

·
Registered
580 Posts
IF you dont mind me asking, what was the sticker on your Ti?
my Ti is option group 300A (camera/sony/climate/pushbutton) + handling + nav + SelectShift + moonroof.

base: 24,200
options: 2,285
dest: 795
-----
$27,280.

after incentives i financed about 23 i think. that was another part of it - at the time there were zero incentives on the ST. nothing.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
There's an option... In Europe!
Fixed it for you
There "are" options (Current MK3 Focus)
1.0L EcoBoost 100hp 5 speed manual
1.0L EcoBoost 125hp 6 speed manual
1.0L EcoBoost 99g 100hp (Econetic or as as you would call in America SFE) 5 speed manual
1,6L 105hp 5 speed manual
1,6L 125hp 5 speed manual
1.6 L EcoBoost 150hp 6 speed manual
1.6 L EcoBoost 180hp 6 speed manual
1,6L Powershift 125hp
1.6 L TDCi 95hp 6 speed manual
2.0L TDCi 140hp 6 speed manual
2.0L TDCi 163hp 6 speed manual
2.0L TDCI PowerShift 115hp
2.0L TDCi PowerShift 140hp
2.0L TDCi PowerShift 163hp

2.0L EcoBoost 250hp 6 speed manual

It is hard to imagine or understand why Ford USA does not offer more choice for you people over there.
For the OP and others in these driving conditions the 1.6L EcoBoost 180hp would be ideal.
The bloody engine is already registered for use over there in the Fusion, Escape and Fiesta ST.

Shame it will never happen.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I see ST's everyday. I'm in between 2 dealers and they both have them in stock.

Well that's just not fair. I have like 3 Ford dealerships around me, one of which is the largest in the state, and i never really see them.
I just checked my dealer's inventory and there are 8 ST's in stock now. Another dealer (4 miles away) has 4 in stock. It is not uncommon to see an ST on the road around here. Fiesta ST's are another story though, I have only seen 1.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm taking about engines, not content or bells & whistles. The Titanium has the same 2.0L as the others.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts