Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was wondering if anyone else was having problems with opening the passenger door from the out side b/c mine really sticks when people try to open it.

·
Registered
489 Posts
i sure have. you basically have to take the door panel off and clean out the mechanisms with wd40 and then lube them afterwards.

·
Registered
854 Posts
that happens alot with mine, thought i was the only one.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ditto. Had to tighten a couple of screws, and lube the inside of the door latch mechanism. The door handle was sloppy, and didn't work from the outside, now its perfect.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
i had mine replaced under my bumper-to-bumper. of course now there's nothing i can do about them and it's getting bad again. . .

·
Registered
220 Posts
it is a RECALL if you cant open your doors go to the dealer and tell them to check it under the Corrosion Door Recall. Supposedly they will have to REPLACE your DOOR LATCH if you cannot open the door.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Dunno about any recalls, just pull the inner panel off and shoot it with some lubricant like wd-40 or something like that. There is a part of the mechanism that gets stuck. I bought a brand new latch and went to replace it, found the part that was getting stuck, lubed it and I haven't had that problem in years. Just take the panel off ans stick your head in there towards the rear of the car you'll see the door hand and it's mechanism. Just hose it down, that's what I did to the other door instead of taking it completely apart. It was super easy and has been working ever since.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts