Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to purchase the header for my car but dont know the difference bettwen the shorty and the complete header.IS there much performance difference??ALso i am concerned about how loud the sound will get.I do not want to have a rice can or something unbeareable!!!This is my daily driver!!!..i have a Magnaflow catback so far for the exhaust.The shorty seems like a good buy from focus central, but wanna know if its worth the money.Also what else am I gonna need to finish my exhaust.PLease concrete feedback will be appreciated!!![?|] [paranoid] [thumb]

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
For the shorty header you are going to have to buy a high flow cat to but you will be able to pass emissions with this. But with the race header you dont also you wont be able to pass emissions with the race header and the race header will be pretty loud.But overall the race header isnt going to cost you as much.

·
Registered
697 Posts
my race header with my borla sounds like a 5litre :p

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
If you aren't worried too much about emissions then get a race header. They really don't cost that much. But if you wanna say legal I'd go with a shorty header+high flow cat+flexpipe set-up. It's not too loud (cause I have the Maganflow as well) and you can definitly feel the added power.

·
Registered
697 Posts
i find since now. my exhaust is really loud, and i notice when im coming to a light and usually gear down, when i go fomr second to first. she gets really raspy for a second. but that becasue when i geared to first she goes up to about 2500.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
is there a big diffrence hp wise between a shorty and race header?

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
If you want to still pass emissions, and don't mind working for it, get the race header, and just replace it with the stock exhaust mani and cat when you get checked for emissions. It would be cheaper too. Get a FC race header, Flex pipe, and you have the cat back covered.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Hey ZX3_Chick what shorty header do you have and which High Flow Cat?

Tryin to get my exhaust mods going on so I can put them next summer....Thanks

Peace...

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
zx3_chick has the same as me, Ford Racing shorty header and RT cat, sounds good and the quality of each is probably the best youll find, both Stainless Steel

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
WHAT ABOUT THE DIFFERENCE IN A 4-2 INTO 1 AND A 4 INTO 1.DOES FC MAKE ONE OF EACH?ARE THEY PRICEY?

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
slammedfoci said:
is there a big diffrence hp wise between a shorty and race header?
yes, the race header will make more power, and when you start tomake alot more power, the catalytic converter can limit you

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I LIVE IN ALABAMA SO I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT EMISSIONS YET.SO I AM TRYING TO FIND THE BEST HEADER FOR ME.

·
Registered
3 Posts
can someone please tell me how to make my car sound good? im going to buy a header soon and i want to know if i should go with a shorty,downpipe-high flow cat comboand a cat back or a full length and a cat back.

·
Registered
793 Posts
if u dont need to worry about emissions go with the race header and cat- back if not do the shorty and high-flow cat

·
Registered
46 Posts
SceviourZX3 said:
my race header with my borla sounds like a 5litre :p
im about to install a race header and i have a borla to...i hope mine sounds nice...was it hard to install the header...also, is there a way to install a high flow cat to my exhaust system in order to pass inspection?

·
Registered
281 Posts
If the Random tech cat flows as well as they say it does then it shouldn't be a limiting factor into making power at all.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
If emissions is a concern and you already have the race header then do as others have suggested.....when it comes time for emissions testing put the stock header/cat back on. Don't put a cat on your system with the race header, you just defeat the whole purpose of having the race header. The cat will retstrict the race header and you might as well have put on the shorty.

This is why I went with the FR shorty, RT cat and bosal flex....I'am too lazy to keep switching parts.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
huh? add a cat to a raceheader.....i think you mean swap them out....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts