Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am seriously considering purchasing a shorty antenna on ebay and wondered if it would effect my radio reception. Anyone know anything on the topic?

PS. I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question[:)]

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
if you get one of those billet antennas, it'll screw it up, but if you buy a Scosche rubber antenna, with an actual antenna wire in it, thats not quite so bad. Or if you make your own shorty antenna. If you're in a decent sized area, you shouldnt have any problems, its when you start getting out into the boonies (like me) that you lose reception. If I'm ever on a roadtrip, and I really want radio, then I put my stock antenna back on, lol.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
take your off boil it and pull the tip off and hack it down and smooth it out and boil it again and pop the tip back on and you are set, you will lose reception but that is what CD players are for, better yet who needs stereo, just listen to your car perform, that is music to my ears.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
yeah, my shorty KILLS the reception.......just ride with a passenger, and they can hold the antenna and the reception will be better [hihi].

I have an iPod hooked up, so I don't even use the radio. If I were you, just keep the stocker in the trunk for those long trips.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Yeah do the DIY antenna mod and you will like it... I don't notice any reception difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts