Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i recently tried to sell my st, but no one showed interest haha so im going to sell my other car and try to build my focus. i was wonderring, since i love it so much on the new shelby gt, is there any way to put a hurst shifter, or any other kind of short throw shifter on an st foccus?

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
Yeah Steeda makes a very nice STS. It is about $119 I believe.

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
The steeda has moved the linkage point on theres. So its not just a cut down stick. I love my steeda and can tell the difference.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
i have the newly designed one as well and it is amazing.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
any pics? how does the shifter boot line up or do you have to put a new one on

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
Well I bought a custom boot for mine. I got in an inch and half shorter. Looks much better. You can get them with red stiching to match your ST interior.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
????

damn DB errors...yeah, red stitching would be nice, to match the wheel too.

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha thanks. the focus is a lot mroe fun to drive in town anyways.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
wow why do u even put any input of anything if your gonna be this way?

but yes the steeda sts is def a good option and is prolly the best u can get, go for it, 119 is a good price for a solid unit, and glad to see u stayin with the focus
b/c i, like so many others, have put a lot of work into such threads. but noone cares to search.

and dont forget to check out ebay too...sometimes ull find the steeda/others for cheaper than that. i did.

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
Ebay can be a very good place. Nemesis people to look at the threads. Just some choose other options. I know I look into the how to stuff once in awhile.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
oh no i know that, but the one i did specifically answered this persons exact question

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thank you for all of your help i didnt mean to disrespect your research im just newish to the sight and didnt even think to search

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
oh, no worries, me and warneej dont take it as disrespect...just wish people would search =)

·
Registered
596 Posts
[offtopic] yoda I remember when I first started I didn't even know how to [email protected]'t look like google [confused]

Now tho I will look at other threads using the search so It's a cool tool...

Except mostly the threads I search through are all for SVT's and older model ST's and stuff or the thread really doens't have what I'm really looking for....

It's too bad the search isn't set up so have a search for just dtech's or zeteks sort of like the forum headings...i.e. zetec search, dtech search, etc.

I have now been around long enough that I too find it odd NOBODY that starts a new thread even looks through the dtech threads even before posting a new thread...

Still though, I understand when I see 4 posts next to a name I know they haven't been here very long and just ask a simple question and don't so much need admonishment, but to be encouraged in a polite way to remember to search for your question in the search query provided...

Just last night I read your thread on all the STS's (it was linked in the thread, so it was a very easy search).. very, very informative...I wasn't going to get an STS, but now I've got it on my wish list... dang you!!!

So in wrapping up, search is a good tool (though not user friendly to a newbie), looking through the already posted threads is a good idea, taking your time and just reading is a smart thing to do and yes please take the time to search an issue, then if you don't find your answer ask away...

btw [welcome] to the new person..

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
tommy, do you use the advanced search thogh? that is the one i say to use, not the regular one. cuz u can search by title, threadstarter/posts by a certain member, and the specific forum you want to look in, like duratec chat. that is user-friendly. it is also why i title threads like the sts one with the titles i do...so that if you search by title, it will come up...or u could put my name in as the 'thread started by' and it will come right up.

sorry to make you want an STS lol.

·
Registered
509 Posts
is the steeda shifter actually chopped down more compared to stock cause that would be great. I like the shorter look lol

1 - 20 of 57 Posts