Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i recently got a steeda short intake and switched out my cheap ebay cai with this one. It seems like my car is a little slugish of the line. The cai made a noticiable diference. But the new short ram isnt what i was hoping. I figured i would loose a little power but didnt expect it to be so noticable. I plan on getting a 65mm tb soon to help.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
It is well known that short rams aren't a real great performer.

Do yourself a favor, sell the short ram, sell the cheap CAI you had and get a quality intake.

Volants have a cult following for a reason, because they are about the best you will find. If you can swing it, check out the new pipercross vipers coming out, they are about awesome and may make for a better performing intake than even the volant.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If i could have just gone and bought any intake i would have gotten a volant but they are like 200+$ and the steeda was fairly decent.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Hey, I know that it is a lot of money, but Focal is right.I saved for about 2 months to get the volant....It was worth it!!!! Also check the iceman, they seem to be pretty popular too.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Brandonsask8er said:
If i could have just gone and bought any intake i would have gotten a volant but they are like 200+$ and the steeda was fairly decent.
well, then that's what you're going to have to deal with. that's the problem with buying on a budget.

take it from someone who's playing the same game you are.... do it once and do it right. just save up and get what you really want / need in the first place. you'll save $$$ in the long run anyway.

also, watch the classifieds like a hawk! you never know what kind of deals you can get there. i bought a used volant for about $120 shipped. not too shabby.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts