Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone im new here... i just wanted to know if anyone knew of a short shift that works with a 2003 ZX3 PZEV i've looked around but im just not sure if the ones i've found will work or not... also how well does the HK lowering kit help the apearence of the car? i want to lower that back end but i dont want to lower it so much that i have to go over speed bumps at the most obscure angles.

Thanks.

·
Registered
688 Posts
lol well if u want a short shifter..hack saw sum of the stock shifter off lol..thats wut i did..saved me sum dough too lol..works good too..i can feel shorter shifts

·
Registered
253 Posts
the ones made for the zetecs with the mtx75 tranny will work on the pzev engines with the mtx75 tranny. the only difference is an updated bellhousing with the pzev engine to handle the torque

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how do i know if i have the MTX75 trans i cant seem to find it in the manual

·
Registered
253 Posts
that tranny comes mated to the zetec motor and the 2.3l engine also the only one ford makes for those engines in the foci. there should be something in the manual about the tranny if i'm not mistaken. i don't know about the 2.3 l owners manuals though i'll know in like 2 months when i get my 2004 in if you still need that answered. lol hope that helps

·
Registered
18 Posts
FoRdFoCuZdRiVeR said:
lol well if u want a short shifter..hack saw sum of the stock shifter off lol..thats wut i did..saved me sum dough too lol..works good too..i can feel shorter shifts
there's a part of me that believes him. but i'm too afraid to think about it too much

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so my Focus should have the same MTX as the Zetec's? cuz im still having trouble finding it in my owners guide... either im looking in the wrong place or its not in the guide....

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
GaRyMaN said:
so my Focus should have the same MTX as the Zetec's? cuz im still having trouble finding it in my owners guide... either im looking in the wrong place or its not in the guide....
For the most part it is. (Minus the final drive)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Short Throw Shifters

I too have an '03 PZEV & thought about putting in a short throw shifter. That is the only gripe I have with this car as of yet, sloppy shifter. Anyway after much research and reviews, I hav found that the Steeda has come highly recommended. I emailed them to see if thier shifter, (#555-7223) would fit my car. They replied quickly & said that they were waiting to hear thier Ford techincal rep on the same issue. The emailed me again & told me that it will work with my car, same mechanism. Will be ordering it at the end of the month. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey thanks for the info man =)

p.s. did you get the Tri-Ax/F Shifter for 2002+ Focus' (floor pivot)?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Yes, that is one. As I said I will be ordering it at the end of the month. Will let you know how it works & how the install went.

·
Registered
62 Posts
who makes a short-throw 4 the '03?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Steeda makes a short throw for the '03 PZEV. It is the Tri-Ax/F, (part #555-7223). In regards to chopping down the original shifter. From what I have read the pivot point is lower & the cable linkage has been tweaked for crisper, smoother shifts. There was a pretty good article in the Focus Fanatics about the install of a Steeda shifter in their project car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts