Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question for you all, I've been looking a B&M's sport shifter for the focus. On thier site it says "Ford - Ford Focus 2.0L to 4/16 '02", but on other sites that sell this shifter (pn 45086) they say it's for the ztec only.

I checked on the part on summit and all it says for compatibility is "ford focus 2000-2002 4 cylinder" (see pn BMM-45086)

So before i go an order my first "performance" part for the focus, i'd like to make sure i'm getting something that will work.

I was also looking at a steeda tri-ax but they also say ztec only

So is there a short throw shifter for the SPI's transmission? i'm assuming it's a different tranny than the ztec

checked the goodies list but didn't see anything.

My car is a 2000 Ford focus SE

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well after a bit more digging i found my answer, i guess newedgeperformance.com is the only place that has the shifters for the spi.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Anyone have a percentage of throw that the shifter reduces?

also does newedge have an e-mail address, i'd like to order something off thier site, and it appears they handle international orders, but it won't come up with a shipping quote, so it won't go any futher than that stage.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anyone?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
New Edge Performance
14532 McMullen Highway
Cresaptown, Md 21502

Mail to:
P.O. Box 5004
Cresaptown, Md 21505-5004

Phone 301-729-3000

E-mail: [email protected]

from the "contact us" link on newedgeperformance.com

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hah

didn't see that

thanks

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
My apologies, I didn't mean the last part to be a "look here stupid !" but I realize now it seems that way.

I meant it to be an indication that it was the most current information available.

I will also say I have dealt with most of the major vendors and Tony D. at NewEdge is by far the best as far as customer service goes. NewEdgePerformance gets my first look whenever I am wanting something.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
picked it up from the border today, but no installation instructions, probably pretty simple?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well i tackled the install today, went smoothly, though i was thinking the throws would be even shorter than they are, but still is nice.

The height of the shifter sits down another 2", down to 4.5" above the console from the 6.5" of stock (this is measuring to the top of the thread of the shifter itself)

Stock shifter minus boot and knob

Stock shifter vs focus central shifter, you can really see the difference in height

Focus central shifter installed

The front to back throw is shortened a full inch, from 4.5" down to 3.5", which equates to 22% reduction if my math is right. I figured when the shifter itself was so much shorter that it'd be more, as the location of the upper cable mount is higher up on the shifter as well. But it appears to be quite the quality product, looks much sturdier than the stock piece.

edit: fixed the name

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Good job. Glad you like it.

Also, that's not a Focussport shifter.

Nice writeup and pics, however.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That was a BDR made shifter - but we don't make them any more so I would call Tony ASAP if anybody wants one - he might have the last ones in existence.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts