Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was looking for a good short throw shifter and was looking for some feedback from people with one. I have a 05' 2.0l zx-3 Can anyone help [thumb]

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
either the steeda shifter, or the ford racing shifter which is 50 dollars less but requires assembly. They are probably the nicest shifters for our cars. I think b&m is crap so . . .
BTW, I do have the STeeda shifter and I love it.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Just don't expect a dramatic decrease in throw from the Steeda/FR STS.

It does make the shifter itself 'feel' firm but the throw is not decreased in a substancial manner that you will gain any time.

Between my cut shifter with 2inches cut and the Steeda/FR STS, the throw doesn't seem any different. The shifter just feels more firm.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Also, I believe the Steeda/FR STS is only about an inch shorter than stock because my stock shifter with 2inches cut was a lot shorter.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Steeda with my hand made leather boot.

Attachments

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
I got mine in less than a week from nth coast.

Dont know why you havent gotten yours.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
are you guys finding that ford racing shifter have sorter throws or the steeda shifters?

ps. thanx for the feed back so far [thumb]

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
The ford racing shifter and the steeda are the exact same thing. I was even told by a guy that sells FR parts that they get their shifters FROM steeda. The only difference is is that Steeda comes with a whole new assembly that just drops right in, FR has to use your stock assembly

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so the steeda is an easyer install?

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Yes it just 4 screws and the shift cable, then put it all back together and have a blast!

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I just purchased marcymotorsport's Short throw shifter.
I haven't seen or heard of anyone with this installed...

If anyone has installed pics, post them up... If not, just wait til I get mine...

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I've got the Ford Racing short throw, and its awesome. It took a few days to get used to it, but it rocks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey thanks for all the feedback guys! I orderd the steeda shifter and it should be here in a few days thanks again to all that helped [thumb]

·
Registered
496 Posts
The Ford Racing and Steeda STS are the same. They both drop in with 4 screws and snap on the cable.
It takes 15 min. to install either one.
I even used the stock shift knob. You could re-use the black lock-out coller if you want but its plastic and the FRPP/Steeda is alunimium.
FFRP is $5.00 or $10.00 less and if you pick it up at your dealer, no shipping cost!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Foci_Fosho said:
I just purchased marcymotorsport's Short throw shifter.
I haven't seen or heard of anyone with this installed...

If anyone has installed pics, post them up... If not, just wait til I get mine...
Just recently I noticed the marcy unit on their website and was wondering if anyone had tried it yet.

Let us know what you think once you've got it installed!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts