Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this short throw shifter.... the bottom shifter connection is no prob.... but how do i get the ball out of the bracket on the side without flipping out and bending the crap out of it like i almost did earlier lol.... pictures would be appreciated tooo... i saw it on a site once but can't find it again.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
i nevar said you were stupid hehehe lol
your welcome my focus brethren i think thats how its spelled, i too am not the brightest crayon in the box

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey just incase you guys are getting ready to install a new shifter.... don't break any of the stupid little plastic grommets.... they are a PAIN IN THE ASS to try to find... i think nearest one my dealer said is in Detroit...... and i live in pennsylvania.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
airplanemechanic, how would you rate the install ?
1=Easy, no problem.
5=Easy but must be patient and have proper tools or
10=hard as hell and next time I will let a professional install it.

Any pointers or suggestions for those who may attempt to install a short shifter in the near future ?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
with that website posted above... i would say like between 1 and 2..... but then i really don't take my cars to the mechanic... cept for inspection. My freind is goin to penn tech to work for mercedes. i consult him b4 mechanic... we have done almost all mods ... intake ... exhaust... springs....audio... and cams are coming in the spring for my focus... the shifter is easy if u have basic skills and confidence.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am going to school to work on airplanes actually... needed a new screen name and this sounded good.

·
Registered
793 Posts
haha well u should be making good money when u become a mechanic!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
airplanemechanic said:
Hey just incase you guys are getting ready to install a new shifter.... don't break any of the stupid little plastic grommets.... they are a PAIN IN THE ASS to try to find... i think nearest one my dealer said is in Detroit...... and i live in pennsylvania.
Hells yes they break off real easy so b careful. I only have 2 left now but its still seems pretty secure.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Does anyone have the Steeda tri-axe/f short throw? I was wondering if there is much diff, because steeda says "The Tri-Ax/F™ is more than just a short handle. We re-engineered the entire shift mechanism with an improved pivot ratio" Is it better for the tranny? Or is it just a gimmic?? Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts