Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been searching around for a short throw shifter for my 06 zx3 and have had next to no luck. anyone with any recomendations? thanks in advance

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
If you can find a name brand on ebay thats fine, but if its one of the generic ones that has 4 blue bushings pictured stay the hell away.

·
slow
1,734 Posts
If you can find a name brand on ebay thats fine, but if its one of the generic ones that has 4 blue bushings pictured stay the hell away.
^^ Yes, these are garbage. I just installed a Steeda on my autox car, replacing one of the crap ebay ones.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have a Steeda. Works great. Can't go wrong for $120.

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
Just buy the Steeda or CFM units and be done with it.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I have that one and have had it since 2006, been doing great for me. very solid, knob has good weight and it looks great. it's just a b&m knockoff but I'd compare it to a name brand any day.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've got the Steeda short throw shift and I'm very happy with it. They redesigned the entire piece, not just shorten the length. It's quick, has a nice solid feel and almost finds 3rd gear for you.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
I have that one and have had it since 2006, been doing great for me. very solid, knob has good weight and it looks great. it's just a b&m knockoff but I'd compare it to a name brand any day.
You got a good one then lol. Quality seems to be hit or miss and mine was bad enough that I wouldnt want to see someone else make the same mistake

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
how hard is one of these to install? been thinking about one for my 05.
20 minutes tops. I know the Steeda comes with good instructions and I'm sure there is how-to on the forum.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Steeda & be done w/ it! Is there any else? HUH

1 - 13 of 13 Posts