Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is kind of a weird combo but has anyone used the short throw or underdrive pulleys from focus central and r they both worth it, and the pulleys do u notice a diffence n driveability and power wise and the short shifter any good i heard the things about it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
this is kind of a weird combo but has anyone used the short throw or underdrive pulleys from focus central and r they both worth it, and the pulleys do u notice a difference n drivability and power wise and the short shifter any good i heard the things about it.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
pullies are throttle response and well, i say the sts is worth it!! I really like mine!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the steeda UDP and they work good alone but it's an even better combo with a cold air intake and larger throttle body 65 or 67 mm

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
not to be a prick or nething but there is something called a search button, it honestly wouldn't have bothered me except u asked 1000 questions which are always asked and still on the front page of the thread

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
^^ Seriously? He asked two questions.

The STS is one of the better mods you can do for under $100, really gives a nice feel, also you may want to look into the rear tranny mount, couple with the STS is amazing. You can get the whole mount for $100 or just the poly inserts from Prothane for like $16. Also you may want to look into the counterweight delete mod as it's free, I haven't done it but other seem to really like it. As far as the pulleys, I have never run as they would decrease boost on my supercharger, I have heard mostly good about them, free's up a few hp's only negative I've heard is if you have any kind of stereo with an amp, it can cause a bit to much strain as you'd be spinning the alternator less.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
there not the ands in look for on diff threads and the ? r the same? but thanks guys

·
Registered
194 Posts
not to get off topic here but how hard is it to put them on the focus i know theres not much space under there

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
For the questions ... his a noob give him a break. Everyone asks questions there first time in anything.

Back to topic: I have had my UDP for 3 years now. You will feel some good pull between 3000 - 5000 RPMs in 1st 2nd and 3rd. So its more of a response. As for the STS, I have the Steeda one ... bought it when they released it. I think it's great. I drove another SVT with the stock shifter ... what a difference. I would also add the VF / Steeda / Massive Rear Motor mount to get even more feel with your STS. Have fun modding.

mtm93ranasty ... it really isn't that hard to put these items on: STS - 30mins - 1 hour for a newbie, Pulley - 30 mins - 1 hour also, Dogbone (Adding this one) take you a little under 30 mins.

I would search for the how-tos and write-ups on the forum ... lots of great people have awesome steps for these installs.

-Ray-

·
Registered
194 Posts
ive put them on my 93 lightning before it took me maybe 20 min i was jw if it would be a pain because of the limited space

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks tukanisvt. and the adjustable sts from cfm u can adjust the hight of the throw im thinking the hight.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
The cfm short throw shifter is one of the best shifters on the market. The only one to offer adjustable shifter height. The cfm shifter allows someone to adjust the shifter height/throw to what they wanted. It is not the one size fits all way of thinking that the other shifter companies offer.

Someone can put it to the lowest setting for the track for the quickest shortest shifting than set it back higher up for everyday driving. It is stainless steel, so it will not rust. It also has no welds to break. Click here for more information.

The underdrive pulleys are good. It will increase the hp and tq across the rpms. Click here for more information.

·
Registered
806 Posts
cant wait to get my cfm tb/sts combo... this week I hope

1 - 17 of 17 Posts