Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone put a short shifter in their SVT that has the recaros in it? they sit so damn high (comfortable as hell though) it seems if the shifter was shorter I'd be reaching to far for it, that and we dont have a center armrest (least in the 04's) any thoughts?

·
Registered
975 Posts
I bought the steeda short shifter for my car it works fine i don't really have to reach for it..maybe its because im 6'3 and have longs arms but it seems fine to me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I installed the Steeda too. I dont have Recaros, but the steeda doesnt seem too short. I dont have to reach for it and im 5'11". Actually it feels better height wise than the stock shifter did. Feels more like where it sould have been in the first place. BTW are those the stock recaros like the Euro pkg?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I have the Focus Central Short Shifter and have had no problems with adjusting to the height. I dont have the recaros in my SVTF, how high do they happen to sit up? I see you must have the Euro pkg on your focus, due to the color and the recaros. I dont think you would have any problems with a short shifter, once you adjust to the difference in height you will enjoy it and not regret buying it.

·
Registered
975 Posts
yeah are the recaro's really that nice? The day i bought my car i checked out the recaros and they seemed to look better but comfort wise which are better? Can u buy those and install them from your local dealer?

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I like the SVTF stock shifter but maybe ill have to get a steeda (or find someone who has one) so I can see the difference

·
Registered
975 Posts
Compared to the stock shifter the Steeda shifter makes shifting fun and its hell of alot better..i'll take some pics and post it on here tomorow that way u can see the difference

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes I have the euro package, the recaros are damn nice seats... they sit alot higher than my wife's seats in her 01 focus SE sit (cloth) not sure how the leather seats in a normal SVT are but mine are alot higher than a regular focus's are, its only like 10days old think I'm just scared to start tearing it apart like I did to my 99 cougar, although the results are always nice when you upgrade stock components here is an interior pic

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I cannot tell myself if the recaros sit higher than the non euro SVTF. From that pic I dont believe that you will have any problems with the lenght of the short shifter.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok cool so which one is the best hehe and where to buy, sorry for all the noob questions

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
everyone i know has the Steeda

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
where is the best place to get the steeda, see madperformance has the svt one for $99

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Check Steeda.com and see how much they list it for i don't have one so I can't tell u what a good price is

·
Registered
975 Posts
I got mine + Shipping for 100$ on steeda.com - installation took about 30min - and thats because the shift knob did not want to come off! go with the steeda short throw shifter u won't be dissapointed - Very Nice seats btw -

·
Registered
831 Posts
Yo SVT 04 ditch the knob to that knob is so tall. I have a old richbrook knob off my SVT Contour and it lowered the shifter.

·
Registered
560 Posts
i was just wondering, do the recaros go up and down like the regular svt driver's seat???

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yes the drivers seat does

1 - 20 of 22 Posts