Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im new to focuses and this board and i was going to get a B&M short shifter but i dont know which kind cause there are two different models.. theres 1 with reverse lockout and i was wondering if that was the thing where you had to pull up on a little circle thing under the shift knob to get it to go into reverse. any help would be great i have a 2000 Focus Zx3.

·
Registered
92 Posts
You can remove the reverse lockout. Its simple and a lot more convenient. If you have the plastic shifter assembly, you can do it with a dremmel or something. If you have the metal one, just take out the screw holding it down, pull it out with pliers, then put the screw back in. But anyway, I like my shortshifter a lot better than the throw on the stock one.

·
Registered
92 Posts
FC. I want a different knob though. Its made of metal and when i get in my car on a very hot day, it burns my hand. So i have to put a dirty sock over it to shift. Its ok, though. i always have at least 1 sock lying around in my car somehow.

·
Registered
92 Posts
No. You can take that off just by taking off the knob. If you take out the shift boot and look at it when you shift it into reverse, you will know what i am talking about. The lockout is simply a protrusion (is that a word?) from the shifter assembly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts