Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[?|] I have looked every where and there is no short shifter for the 2003 model. they only have 2002 and only a few months at that.[V] Can some one help me out here.[paranoid]

·
Registered
567 Posts
I have a 2003 and I got mine from steeda. it's a great shifter and easy to put in.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
The FC race short shifter will but you lose the reverse lockout.
I think this is the one Zx3chick has on her car and she has a 2003 Zx3.

Click here

·
Registered
525 Posts
sweet...I don't need reverse lockout, Its cheaper than steeda...and supposedly the "shortest" throw on the market

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the one from FC looks great but I think it is only for the SVT for 2003. I like the speeda one it is a good price for everything you get.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have noticed too, the speeda isn't just a short stick. It shortens the lenth of your throw, I really like this one alot thanks.
and sorry for the double post![hihi]

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
would doing this affect my warrenty??[???:)]

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Yes, I have the Focus Central Race Shifter. It works. I can post a pic of it if you want.

·
Registered
525 Posts
yeah post a pic...I was wondering how the shift boot attached to the fc shifter since the reverse lockout is gone...thanks chick!

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
[:D]

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Damn !
That's not a shorty. It's a nub !
And I thought mine was short when I cut 2 inches off of it.

That's shorty's got to be at least 3 inches shorts than stock.

Looks good.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WOW I like that alot, I hope you don't mind I might use that look in my car. I hate being a copy cat, but when something looks cool you sometimes you have to.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Yes, it is short and I like it that way. If you do order it, be careful. FC don't exactly tell you EVERYTHING that you need to know to install it.
And I'm not sure about anyone else, FZSPRT, but I haven't missed any gears in it:)

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
I just got done installing my Steeda. Its nowhere near as short in height, but the throws were shortened by 2 inches. Short throws, not short stick. Its great.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts