Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Was that our exit?!?
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else only like the increased exhaust tone and feel their SRI might rob some low end grunt? I am considering putting the stock airbox back in and just keeping the resonator off.

Anyone else go from SRI back to stock airbox and snorkle?

·
Was that our exit?!?
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maybe its my tune acting up again

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
i love my sri makes a nice tone and increase power(not by much), and gas mileage

·
Registered
762 Posts
I didn't like the heat soak on warm days, so put the stock intake back in with a K&N, insulated the snorkel and removed the plastic cover in front of the snorkel.

I don't have the sound, but the performance is better.

·
Registered
511 Posts
^^^ Iwill be getting a set of coated headers in the near future. That should help out some in regards to the heatsoak. Plus I removed the plastic cover on top of the grille, the intake tube was cooler to the touch after that.

connolly92 said:
maybe its my tune acting up again
What issues have you had before?

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
ya know I was wondering the same thing and realized that's just the unavoidable crappy part about summer and a SRI.

I am running a FS CoolFlow and the heat shield is damn nice, I also kept the snorkel in place to vent fresh air up in there while moving.

The other day I was messing with that Gertrag weight removal mod and had the heat shield out, so I pulled out the snorkel and just blew into the front and held my hand on the other end....was pretty surprised how much air would get through, even on lung power. So I can only imagine it helps.

Hood vents would also be a good investiment I think.

·
Was that our exit?!?
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wouldnt mind that, but i would also love a 100% guarantee that air comes in and water stays out!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts