Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
I would have to do something about that shiny circle on your lower grill...looks bad. SO its basically like a modified CAI. If you could cover that shine up somehow I would definitely keep it if it works for you.

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
I definitely agree with Free.

The shiny circle doesn't look very good. If you could paint or plasti dip it a different color it'd be good.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
hideous..... Go stock put a K&N drop in for better performance
Do you know the drop in would be better performance? Any numbers? For both his system and the drop in?

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
I would keep it. Change that shiny ring to black on the outside.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
Cut the pipe, buy a new grill, and put that circle thing on the inside so make it hidden.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Do you know the drop in would be better performance? Any numbers? For both his system and the drop in?
Why do you think Jackson Racing kept the Stock intake box and just used a drop in high flow panel filter with their supercharger?

SR or CAI Intake on the SVT is a waste of money and give no performance benefit.

SR = worse than stock you are sucking in all that heat from the top of the engine bay

CAI = will only benefit top end but you lose a little low end

Any dork claiming it adds power is just trying to justify his/her "wasted" purchase of $200-$400, save that money and put it towards a mod that actually does something like STS or ORP / Flexpipe / Tune..... etc.

I know OP's car came like this but dude it looks like utter a$$ I would get the stock intake box + Snorkel and a K&N panel filter ASAP..... fix your lower grill and get rid of that shiny "Spittoon"

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Why do you think Jackson Racing kept the Stock intake box and just used a drop in high flow panel filter with their supercharger?

SR or CAI Intake on the SVT is a waste of money and give no performance benefit.

SR = worse than stock you are sucking in all that heat from the top of the engine bay

CAI = will only benefit top end but you lose a little low end

Any dork claiming it adds power is just trying to justify his/her "wasted" purchase of $200-$400, save that money and put it towards a mod that actually does something like STS or ORP / Flexpipe / Tune..... etc.

I know OP's car came like this but dude it looks like utter a$$ I would get the stock intake box + Snorkel and a K&N panel filter ASAP..... fix your lower grill and get rid of that shiny "Spittoon"
I agree it looks kinda funny, but I feel that unless we get actual numbers, be it dyno, intake air temps, or even 0-60s we can't assume the power is gonna be better or worse. Just my opinion

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Also that thing you are running right now doesn't look like there is any oil on the filter element..... which means you are not filtering jack. All you are doing is just sucking in all that dirt into your engine.

I forgot you do get one benefit of a SR/CAI they sound cool a nice little whistle when slamming the accelerator down.....If you even call that a benefit but to each their own.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes air comes in through the front of the circle to the filter
Oh, from the angle of the picture, it looks like they cut a hole in the chrome cover of the air filter and plumed the cold air duct into it. Regardless, it looks like it would still pull a lot of hot air from the engine compartment.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Maybe your friend cant shift properly......... at least paint that hideous thing black and oil up that crusty filter element.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts