Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
[duh]

the bombz are a total piece. you will thank yourself later for investing in something like the ones in that link.

if you are looking to do it on the cheap, you would be better off going down to PepBoys and piecing together your own. They have filters, prebent tubing, couplers & clamps. Less money, same/better quality.

·
Registered
545 Posts
the bombz are not the bomb (that's a play on words, some of you should be laughing)

i highly recommend the steeda SRI, if you want an SRI as opposed to a CAI, i am very happy with mine

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
me_john85 said:
i think that one is for a zetec but anyways its a bomz, i dont really trust that company.

if i were you take a look here
http://focus.c-f-m.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=274

wich one would you suggest from there?

gitar111 said:
the bombz are not the bomb (that's a play on words, some of you should be laughing)

i highly recommend the steeda SRI, if you want an SRI as opposed to a CAI, i am very happy with mine
and which is the steeda SRI? I couldnt locate it.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
on that bomz one i dont see a place for a maf..

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I bought mine from autozone (one pipe for a SRI) and had to make my own MAF housing pretty much (cut a hole in the pipe and siliconed the MAF into it) But i have a K&N filter, not that shitty spectre one.....

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
if your short on money just make your own that what i did cost be about 16 bucks for the filter and the coupling then it took about 30 mins to install had it on for about 2 years and some change works fine just remeber to oil it

·
Registered
230 Posts
ah man, now you guys got me thinking about makeing a SRI after i just did my "stealth" CAI.
i was worried about mounting the MAF myself. the steeda kit looks like a winner if you have $230 to spend.

·
Registered
230 Posts
555-3104
Cold Air Kit for Duratec 2.0 & 2.3 - 05 - 06 $229.95

are we talking about a different one?

·
Jetsetter
6,651 Posts
gitar111 said:

HA HA!

like everyone else says Bombz is no good and you could get it cheaper off of ebay, you dont wanna buy stuff for your car you want to "invest" in stuff for your car kinda like "go big or go home" spend the extra now save more later

·
Registered
230 Posts
ok, i feel stupid after posting that, when i knew you guys were talking about the Short ram. but when i look at the steeda CAI, it looks like a short ram. i wish you could direct link to the steeda site, but cant.

i cant seem to find a SRI for duratecs though?

·
Registered
545 Posts
the thing that steeda calls their CAI, does not go all the way down like every other CAI ever. But for some reason they call it a CAI. But i beive the one that's 299.99 is the only one steeda makes for the duratec, and that's what i have and love. sorry for all the confusion

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yea, i peiced together a CAI with using the stock parts while i saved enough to buy the Steeda SRI, just using the stock parts and *average* filter. it wasnt much of an upgrade, then I gained alot more by installing that Steeda

Dont get me wrong, a CAI for like 20 bucks is nice, but still going through that huge air box took away some serious power

·
Registered
496 Posts
How much MORE did you gain with the Steeda SRI?
A quote from Steeda's home page: "We made 6 h.p. and gained more torque, too, with this billet bolt-on".

So lets see: Homemade "Stealth" CAI = 6whp for $25.00 or $4.16 per whp gain.
Steeda CAI/SRI = 6whp for $229.00 or $38.16 per whp gain.

Well at least you got some nice shiny stuff for your extra $34.00 per whp gain.
Looks like that "hugh air box" dosn't have much effect after all.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts