Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always thought that putting on an intake would give you better miles per gallon. I installed my AEM SRI and I am getting horrible gas mileage. Im talking at least 5 mpg less than with the stock intake. Is this a problem or a normal occurance.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
that is most likely a problem. Go back and make sure you installed everything correctly or make sure you are not having a problem with the MAF. I don't have a svt, but I do have a SRI and I noticed no difference in fuel economy.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
You sure your just not stepping on the gas a bit more ;) Cause when i installed mine i found myself letting it rev higher then i normally did just cause i liked the sound. I have been able to shift sooner and raise my mpg...but it wasn't as fun, and since i'm not really hurting as bad as my other family members at the gas pumps...i could live with having a slight decrease in my mpg

And think of it this way...if your getting more then 17-19 mpg...your already doing better then me ;)

·
Banned
171 Posts
check it on the freeway, do a long run at sustained speed and see where you're at.

Mine gained a few MPG on the highway.

I know that between my stage 2 TB and CAI I tend to be a little more aggresive with the throttle around town now.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I just took my intake off because it was somehow confusing my MAF, causing fuel trims to go wayyyyy too negative. So, possible you have the same type of problem...for some reason SVTF's don't take to mods as readily as other cars.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im going to empty this tank of gas and fill it up again at the local gas station that I always go to. I do remember, though it sounds stupid, that I had this problem before when going to different stations. Ill give it another week or two and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Chad SVT said:
Im going to empty this tank of gas and fill it up again at the local gas station that I always go to. I do remember, though it sounds stupid, that I had this problem before when going to different stations. Ill give it another week or two and see what happens.
Lol, i'm with you...some of the gas stations around me seem a bit "shady" and i don't trust their gas. Since i've had my car i've only gone to 1 specific gas station...nowhere else

1 - 7 of 7 Posts