Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Livin' it up in Cali
2,005 Posts
I wouldn't buy performance parts off of Ebay, but that's just me.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I like how they spelled Zetec[hihi]

Please, please don't buy performance parts from ebay. Especially intakes. Save you money and get something good.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
They straight up LIED in their ad, they dont retail for 150 bucks, they retail for 55, right on the site. Stay away from deceptive salesmen, especially the ebay variety. Do you think an intake will be quality costing only 50 bucks?

Go with Marcy Motorsport, Cosworth, K & N, F2 or FocusSport. Steeda has a short ram for us to.

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
yeah, save your money for a brand name, 250 dollar intake, its expensive so it must be better right?! Why pay 50 for something that you can't brag to your friends and namedrop about.......

morons. Go ahead and it get it, its the same diameter, same o2 sensor placements and technically the same filter as the other guys....there will be no difference in performance at all.

·
Registered
306 Posts
snobrdrdans_sedan said:
That intake pictured was for a Zetec anyways!

So they might be selling one for a 2.3, but the one PICTURED was for a Zetec

stay away from them

I'm with Dan on this one. That's not an intake for a 2.3 duratec. No way. Unless the filter will be sitting in the middle of no where. It looks like a zetec short ram. And if it's the wrong pic, I still wouldn't get it. If they can't get a real pic of something they are selling then I would pass. I'm like that for all products. If they don't show a pic of it in the exact setup then I won't buy from them.

·
Capital Obvious
2,562 Posts
eazyrider_tim said:

morons. Go ahead and it get it, its the same diameter, same o2 sensor placements and technically the same filter as the other guys....there will be no difference in performance at all.
[8]

OK...First off.. the auction says it's for a 2.3 (which is ONLY a duratec)...when the picture is showing a short ram intake for a 2.0 ZETEC. So yea, it has the right MAF sensor placement if you have a Zetec....not a duratec.

Second....the seller doesn't know how to spell Zetec. These would throw up BUYER BEWARE flags all over the place.

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
that may be, but my point is, if it is the one that fits his car (or he finds another seller with one), and it has all the attachments, then buy it because it will do the same thing, it just won't come with neat name brand stickers.....!!!!

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
p.s. I would never put that ghetto crap on my car! hahahahaa, had you going didn't I, sorry, I'm bored, new position at work, and now I do nothing but make sure other people are busy, which gives me lots of free time.

·
Livin' it up in Cali
2,005 Posts
^^^^^^^^sounds like an interesting workday. Anyways why would people be forking out two to three hundred dollars for an intake when they are for sale on ebay for 50. One word QUALITY

1 - 19 of 19 Posts