Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 12 focus hatch as a daily/winter driver a few years back after I got my Camaro. I've enjoyed it. Nothing special just a SE.

Anyway I've been considering selling the SE off to a sibling for one of my neice/nephews first cars and upgrading to a RS. (I really ought to get a pick up to tow my Camaro to the track, but it's been fine this far. Lol).

So I found one not too far away. Frozen white, 80,035 miles or something like that. The dealer is going to bring it to me tomorrow. Everything is all set up so I can test and buy it if I like it. Not knowing a bunch about these cars I was hoping someone with more experience in them can give me problem areas to look at and pay special attention to while I look it over.

Contacted local dealer with vin to verify no open recalls. All came back good. Car has a well documented service history. Nothing crazy, just oil, inspections, tire rotation etc.

Also do SE wheels clear the brembos? Going to daily this car and want a cheap setup for winter. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
11 Posts
full season firestone for winter it’s pretty good. Then this car is awesome if your driving habits is sports mode. That car need to get good push’s. I mean personally I’ve tested multiple times and I loved it. Now did I’ll spend 10k for an RS I don’t know.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Damn that's a lot of miles. I'd love to know what they are asking for it. Would have to be a screaming deal for me to jump on that. Not sure if you've looked at it yet or not, But you can check the head gasket yourself by feeling under the front lip of the head.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They want 25 for it and I looked it over. Looks good, wheels arent curbed, tires are 75% or better mpss, brake pads look new, rotors look to be in good shape, interior is like new, only thing I didn't like is the previous owner must have hit a tire or something and there's a good bit of paint damage that's hard to see. Nothing that ruined the bumper. Little gouges in the splitter under it but nothing bad. They agreed to pay the shop by me to fix it. So it will end up with a perfect front bumper out of it, no bug/rock chips etc.

The shop does great work. He painted my Camaro hood satin black 3 years ago and other than my neighbors cat having left a few light scratches on it recently it still looks like new. So I'm thinking he does that bumper and then I'll go clear bra it. Ride felt good, seemed like it got decent fuel in the hour 45 drive they brought it to me

1 - 4 of 4 Posts