Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I looked through the Official Suspension Thread, but Im still trying to decide the best course of action. Rigth now, Im trying to choose between Tein S. Tech, Eibach Pro-Kit, Eibach Sportline and Progress 1.8" Springs. Im looking for something thats going to put me pretty low, but not be too soft. I want a drop about the distance of the Progess's but, Im not sure how good the ride is. I've found some good prices on the Tein's, but Im afraid that with as large a drop as they give, I'll get a terrible ride, which is the same thing for the Sportlines. As for the Pro-kit, I know that I'll get a good ride out of them, but I want to be a little lower.

Anyone have some suggestions?

Thanks in Advance
-Honorsystem

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
The Tein's don't give such a large drop. Check out my photo gallery *here*.

That's with the Tein's and Eibach dampers.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good, hows the ride?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
It's a little bumpy but pretty good. I can't complain :)

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Ok, Best EVAR setup Is Koni Adjustable Struts / Shocks, And Vogtland Sport springs, I retained a NICE ride and, The Drop is only 1.2 Inches.... PERFECT Height For the focus IMHO.

Troy.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im on a bit of a budget right now, so Koni's are out of the question, thanks though.

Anyone with word on the Pro-Kit/Sportlines or Progess's?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I'm not tucking tire and I get compliments all the time about the stance. I guess it's all personal preference.

·
Powering America
8,559 Posts
I've got the Pro-Kit with the Eibach dampers, I love this set-up...It's a little harsh, but I also have urethane bushings all the way around.

I do plan on changing out the Pro-Kit springs for the sportline's as soon as I have the money, but I don't know how soon that will be...I just want it lower.

Mike

·
Registered
797 Posts
i just saw some sportlines on ebay for 100 bucks..

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have a few Vogtlands left at $135 + shipping. NEW!

Tony D

·
SONIC ZX3
2,253 Posts
dont just spring wear out your stock suspension? How long till that happens?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had a ZX3 with just Sportlines a while back, but managed to wreck it. The suspension was fine without matching dampers. I know its not great for the suspension, but if all goes well, I'll have matching dampers rather quickly.

-Honorsystem

1 - 12 of 12 Posts