·
Registered
1,391 Posts
It most likely is exactly the same.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I was trying to figure out what I need to do for a thermostat.

Can't tell if I need to buy the housing w/o sensor, housing w/ sensor or if I can just get away with the thermostat itself.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I keep getting an error:

The speified volume can not be found 'Training Informatoin DVD' (1.0)

It is expected to be in this location: c:\tso

when you have loaded the specified volume into this location, press retry to continue or cancel to abort.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Got it to work but can't find motor mounts.
I found them. Go to the Alphabetical Index, and then click the E at the top, scroll down to Engine Mount (In-Vehicle Repair)

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Just an update guys...

Apparently I've exceeded my 20GB limit per day on dropbox, so they have temporarily banned my public links. I'll have to remove the links to the files, so if you want them, just send me a PM. I'll throw this edit on the top of the instructions post as well.

On a side note, it's crazy to think that so many of you have been downloading it! It's a great feeling to know I'm helping so many of you out!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Bumping this thread with a fix for the pictures that went missing!

EDIT: Apparently I've exceeded my 20GB limit per day on dropbox, so they have temporarily banned my public links. I'll have to remove the links to the files, so if you want them, just send me a PM! Be sure to include if you want the ISO or the zip file!

Ok so here it is guys!

Link removed, PM me for it.

That is the link to the .iso file of the CD I purchased. The easiest way to do this whole thing, is to of course burn it to a disc and install it that way. But then you would need the disc in the computer every time you use it. But that's not an issue for everybody, only those of us without CD drives (I'm looking at you laptop users).

The best way to do this (so you don't need the CD at all) is to take this zip file (Link removed, PM me for it!) and unzip the folder inside called "TSO" and copy it to the very top of your hard drive. By that I mean place it here where you see my "TSO" folder.

Then open the "TSO" folder and click on setup. Go through the setup, click Yes to the license agreement

Click US English, and then click No Connection for OASIS.

And when you get to the install location, just leave it as is. Don't worry if it's in capitals or not.

After that's done, it will ask you to install Acrobat Reader 6, DON'T DO IT! And then after that it asks you to install SVG Viewer 3.0, DO THAT. It will then tell you installation is complete and if you want to start the program. Don't start it yet, because it won't load properly. The green background screen for the installer might hang around for a little. Feel free to close it out if it doesn't close in a timely manner.

Now the final step to getting this to load is simple, but might appear a little daunting. Go to the folder where we installed the manual. Open the file I circled in red.

You might have to right click it, and then go to "open with..." Just choose notepad because it seriously works the best. When it opens up, you will see this:

We are only going to make ONE change to this file. All you have to do is select the entire line that says

and replace it with this

Then go to File, then Save and you're done.

Click the Service Information icon on your desktop:

And you'll see this screen now open:

Click what I have circled in red, and you'll get another window popping up asking you to select your year and model. This disc includes the 2008 and 2009 model years. These will most likely suffice for all other Mk2 model years.

After that click view and you'll get to the main screen:

Now have at it and fix your car!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Just so we can keep my inbox from being flooded, this manual is ONLY for the USDM Mk2 Focus. What does that mean? It is only for the 2008-2011 Ford Focus that was released in Canada and the United States.

It will NOT work for those of you anywhere else. That means Europe, Mexico, Australia, etc.

Thanks

21 - 36 of 36 Posts