Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These books are about 3 inches thick and have EVERYTHING you need to know about the car in them down to trouble shooting any electrical problem to the gaps of all the body panels on the car for body repair.

I am not selling them, I have one and just found these waaaaay cheaper than I paid. I paid $120 for mine. and this is a killer deal!

Just wanted to let you Mk2 owners know about it. I think all the books would be the same as the car didn't change but if you have a different year they might be on ebay too!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Ford-Focus-Factory-Shop-Service-Manual-Dealership-OEM-Book-Nice-/360742776323?pt=Motors_Manuals_Literature&hash=item53fdf1ee03&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
If anyone is interested, I have an electronic copy of the shop manual for my 2008. I see no reason why it wouldn't work for the other model years of the Mk2. I can upload it, and make a write up on how to install it for the less computer savvy members.

·
Registered
378 Posts
If anyone is interested, I have an electronic copy of the shop manual for my 2008. I see no reason why it wouldn't work for the other model years of the Mk2. I can upload it, and make a write up on how to install it for the less computer savvy members.
I know I'd be interested in having a copy of that.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Alright, I'll upload it and write a quick how to tonight. Might even do it while I'm in line for my Xbox One

Sent from my Galaxy S3

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The book/online manual is so nice to have. Like I said it litterally has everything the dealer would need down to gaps between doors and body panels for body repair. It's nuts. I have 3 MK2s in the family so it comes in handy!

Well not really yet since they are all under 50k. But I have used it a few times and I am sure it will come in handy in the future!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Sorry, Ive had a busy past few days. I'll do it first thing in the morning with instructions

Sent from my Galaxy S3

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
EDIT: Apparently I've exceeded my 20GB limit per day on dropbox, so they have temporarily banned my public links. I'll have to remove the links to the files, so if you want them, just send me a PM! Be sure to include if you want the ISO or the zip file!

Ok so here it is guys!

Link removed, PM me for it.

That is the link to the .iso file of the CD I purchased. The easiest way to do this whole thing, is to of course burn it to a disc and install it that way. But then you would need the disc in the computer every time you use it. But that's not an issue for everybody, only those of us without CD drives (I'm looking at you laptop users).

The best way to do this (so you don't need the CD at all) is to take this zip file (Link removed, PM me for it!) and unzip the folder inside called "TSO" and copy it to the very top of your hard drive. By that I mean place it here where you see my "TSO" folder.

Then open the "TSO" folder and click on setup. Go through the setup, click Yes to the license agreement

Click US English, and then click No Connection for OASIS.

And when you get to the install location, just leave it as is. Don't worry if it's in capitals or not.

After that's done, it will ask you to install Acrobat Reader 6, DON'T DO IT! And then after that it asks you to install SVG Viewer 3.0, DO THAT. It will then tell you installation is complete and if you want to start the program. Don't start it yet, because it won't load properly. The green background screen for the installer might hang around for a little. Feel free to close it out if it doesn't close in a timely manner.

Now the final step to getting this to load is simple, but might appear a little daunting. Go to the folder where we installed the manual. Open the file I circled in red.

You might have to right click it, and then go to "open with..." Just choose notepad because it seriously works the best. When it opens up, you will see this:

We are only going to make ONE change to this file. All you have to do is select the entire line that says
TRAINING=1.0~3~C:~stock\home.htm~Training Information DVD~November 2009
and replace it with this

TRAINING=1.0~1~C:\TSO\~stock\home.htm~Training Information DVD~November 2009
Then go to File, then Save and you're done.

Click the Service Information icon on your desktop:

And you'll see this screen now open:

Click what I have circled in red, and you'll get another window popping up asking you to select your year and model. This disc includes the 2008 and 2009 model years. These will most likely suffice for all other Mk2 model years.

After that click view and you'll get to the main screen:

Now have at it and fix your car!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
What ended up being the problem? I want to make sure I address it in the instructions so others don't have the same issue.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,368 Posts
You should be able to buy those used also. Go thru Helm.

·
Registered
156 Posts
What ended up being the problem? I want to make sure I address it in the instructions so others don't have the same issue.
Can't speak for him, but I tried being 'smart' and place the program in /program files/tso but that didn't work, even though I modified the config file like you said with /program files/tso.

So I just reinstalled it exactly like you said in the root folder c:\tso, modified the config file like you said and it worked.

I also downloaded a virtual drive (for those who don't know, it makes it look like you have a CD/DVD in your drive) from download.cnet.com, and mounted (meaning insert the disk virtually) the iso file in one of the virtual drives. Then I installed the program. Never had to burn a disk, and no messing with always having to put a disk in.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Can't speak for him, but I tried being 'smart' and place the program in /program files/tso but that didn't work, even though I modified the config file like you said with /program files/tso.

So I just reinstalled it exactly like you said in the root folder c:\tso, modified the config file like you said and it worked.

I also downloaded a virtual drive (for those who don't know, it makes it look like you have a CD/DVD in your drive) from download.cnet.com, and mounted (meaning insert the disk virtually) the iso file in one of the virtual drives. Then I installed the program. Never had to burn a disk, and no messing with always having to put a disk in.
I also use virtual drives but wanted to keep it as simple as possible

Sent from my Galaxy S3

1 - 20 of 36 Posts