Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quick question, thinking about putting an Eibach Sport System Kit on my '02 ZX5 and need to know if this is a good fit and what else I need to purchase or consider before install??

·
Registered
85 Posts
quick question, thinking about putting an Eibach Sport System Kit on my '02 ZX5 and need to know if this is a good fit and what else I need to purchase or consider before install??
Take into account that the sport kit lower the car 2+ inches. If you have 17 inch wheels your tires might rub, depending on the size and the offset of your wheels (Some of the guys that have the sport kit might be able to shed some light on this). I would recommend changing your strut mounts, and strut bearings up front, the spring isolators, and perches on the back. Also after you let your new suspension settle you will have to get the vehicle aligned, otherwise, as with any suspension modifications, you will wear the inside of your tires rather quickly. One more thing that I would recommend is changing the bushings and rear sway bar end links to polyurethane ones. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Many people have a love or hate relationship with the sports. Yes they are low. To accomplish this and maintain some form or ride quality they use a progressive spring rate. Some say its very soft initially and firms up too quickly. It becomes very subjective.

Eibach Pros are quite as low but use a linear rate spring which is ultimately not as firm as the sports but still firm enough to significantly increase handling, affords a reasonable drop and still maintains good ride characteristics. When comparing both you'll find far fewer complaints about the Pros. They seem to be a very good compromise. When you use the sports you also have to be especially careful with wheel and tire selection. Too wide a tire or wheel or the incorrect wheel offset can quickly lead to rubbing issues. While the same can occur with the Pros, that 1/2 less of lowering seems to minimize a lot of those problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts