Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Dumbledore dies?!?!
3,123 Posts
Wonder if the cams have been welded or drilled.

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
For the power that things makes. You could prolly fit a V6 more easily in there than a baby V8.

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Made in Japan?

·
Registered
209 Posts
yeah those who dont know the sho motor was designed by yamaha built by yamaha to actually fit into a two seater to compete with the fiero--- those plans got ditched when sales figures were bad for the fiero--- therefore ford had alot of motors with no shell to put it into--- and was born the SHO TAURUS!-----------IE yamaha made the motor in japan and shiped it over so thats why it says from japan

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
It would be unique... but you can make far more power with a turbo 4.

I would still like to have it to put in another project I'm planning... and no its not a Focus.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
My parents have a 97 SHO with the 3.4 and its a quick family car for being 11 years old. They are actually trying to sell it....But the cams were a big issue which my dad had his welded already.

If you think the focus engine bay is a tight fit you should see the engine bay of the SHO.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I think that It would be dumb to try to put that in a foci. I mean, sure, you could do it, but If your gonna do a v8, at least get it in a decent size and a RWD set up so you can put some of the power down. I'm sure the SHO was a good engine, but It just seems a little underpowered and underdeveloped for a v8.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
That SHO V-6 motor weighs in around 465 lbs. Yikes! That's why I am not going with my original plan to swap the Yamahammer into my Merkur project.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Oh, the Merkur is gonna stay 4 cylinder, and 2.3L as well. Just not the Lima...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts