Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i took my car to get an allignment in april, and the rear tires are already cutting because the rear is toed in.
i took it back to the alignment shop, and the guy told me i need a shim kit for it.
well i called my ford dealer in town, and asked them about it and they laughed. didnt know what i was talking about.
has anyone else had this problem or know anything of what i am talking about.
please help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,067 Posts
get your money back from that alignment shop, the don't know what they are talking about.

your rear toe is adjustable, you don't need a 'shim' for that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
+1 lol, shim kit, HA HA HA!!! Perhaps it we had a solid axle.
 

·
Dragon Warrior
Joined
·
309 Posts
SVTFsOnIcBlUe said:
Wow!! What place did you take your car to bro?? Sounds like a POS shop.
unless you usually call girls Bro I might want to re-phrase that. [:p] J/K

Anyway try another shop their comment was rediculous. Caster and camber on the rear is what is unadjustable and they make kit so you can adjust those but if those happen to be out on your car then you have a bent suspension component or two.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they said that the toe was all the way adjusted.........i dont know what to do..ive got the money to fix it but dont know what to fix....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
411 Posts
JRODSVT said:
unless you usually call girls Bro I might want to re-phrase that. [:p] J/K

Anyway try another shop their comment was rediculous. Caster and camber on the rear is what is unadjustable and they make kit so you can adjust those but if those happen to be out on your car then you have a bent suspension component or two.

Ohh geesh. Honest mistake. I didn't even look at the posters name. Most people on here are males however.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its cool, i have lots of questions about my car(since im a girl and dont usually know what im taslking about) and this is the only place that knows how to answer any of them. so thanks everyone...[thumb]
 

·
my car breaks!
Joined
·
2,103 Posts
svtgurl said:
since im a girl and dont usually know what im taslking about
i think we're pretty non condisending here, we don't car if you man, woman, or both (well maybe both, then we might care)

the important thing isn't that you don't know what your talking about, it's that you want to know what your talking about. and hey, you have an SVT so your already better off than me :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
524 Posts
There was a TSB for early SVTFs - new rear control arms for cars that were all the way up against the end of the adjustment range and still not in correct rear alignment. Look it up with search.
 

·
The Librarian
Joined
·
13,116 Posts
Moved to ”Wheels, Tires, Brakes & Suspension”

I also suggest taking your car to a different shop.
Kind of like a second opinion from a doctor when you're due for major surgery. [;)]

Fordson;
Was that TSB really for toe correction?
I have seen the one (actually a couple) for camber correction, but not toe. [dunno]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
524 Posts
WD40 said:
Moved to ”Wheels, Tires, Brakes & Suspension”

I also suggest taking your car to a different shop.
Kind of like a second opinion from a doctor when you're due for major surgery. [;)]

Fordson;
Was that TSB really for toe correction?
I have seen the one (actually a couple) for camber correction, but not toe. [dunno]
Hmmm...you may be right. I think the jury's out on what is wrong - cupping usually means bad toe, but this shop she went to doesn't seem to know what they're talking about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TSB camber connection....blonde youre speakin too...please speak english. me no comprehende..lol....
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top