Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When is the best time to shift if your racing? (at what rpm?)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
with a pzev?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
dudemanzx3 said:
with a pzev?
I guess that Zetec guy doesnt realize he's in a PZEV forum and if h's shifting his Zetec at 5500 than he doesnt know how to drive. If you at the track lower you air pressure to 18-20lbs and launch at 2,000 if you go any higher you'll get too much wheel spin this motor has alot of torque, and shift as quck as possible 1-2 at 6,500 or as close as possible without hitting the limiter and power shift 2-3 at about the same and hold on to 3rd through the traps thats all you need. Now if you are stock than shift the same in first and about 6,250 2-3 and you can launch at about 2,500 and dont just dump the clutch feather it out quickly it takes practice. Got a 2.2 60' with the stock P6's this way good luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
0103VENOM said:
shift as quck as possible 1-2 at 6,500 or as close as possible without hitting the limiter and power shift 2-3 at about the same
what exactly is a power shift, i have heard it used before but i never knew what it was, so i was wondering if anyone out there could help me out. thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also, is it a good idea to double clutch in a pzev?
 

·
Sückn' n Blown
Joined
·
7,747 Posts
Double-clutching is not really needed. The only benefit is if you really really love your syncros.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
847 Posts
power shift = leave the throttle floored and shift without lifting it up

I don't find it that hard, but I'm pretty coordinated, 2 friends I have can't do it to save their life. I can't figure out why... then again people miss-shift and I can't figure that out either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
875 Posts
dudemanzx3 said:
When is the best time to shift if your racing? (at what rpm?)
Redline.

dudemanzx3 said:
also, is it a good idea to double clutch in a pzev?
In a few situations:

1. Before the car warms up on cold mornings. Some guys complain of difficulty getting it into 2nd during upchanges -- double clutching will solve this.

2. On downchanges [if it's your style to downshift & brake] -- saves the synchros
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
875 Posts
eggyolk said:
power shift = leave the throttle floored and shift without lifting it up

I don't find it that hard, but I'm pretty coordinated, 2 friends I have can't do it to save their life. I can't figure out why... then again people miss-shift and I can't figure that out either.
Also called board-shifting.. someone should also mention the clutch wear associated with this technique.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top