Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 svt, about 3 months ago i put in the steeda shifter and it was awesome for like a month but now its kinda sticky. I was wondering if anyone else had problems with this too?

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
^^^ My thoughts too ..... when I installed mine I used almost all the grease that came with it. If you perhaps didn't lube it up enough, take it back apart and drown the pivot area with the grease that came with the shifter.

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Agreed...go back and check to make sure you've got enough grease on there.

By the way...jaykirs, are you still having trouble with your prothane mounts was it?? Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought you said yours slipped out sometimes

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
svt_gEEk said:
By the way...jaykirs, are you still having trouble with your prothane mounts was it?? Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought you said yours slipped out sometimes
Yeah, that's me alright. LOL In fact, the big one must have slipped out again because I am feeling vibrations again, it's getting very annoying. Is there a solution that you know of?

·
Registered
456 Posts
The Energy Suspension poly bushings are designed differently than the Prothane bushings - they have a big wide flange on the bottom that prevents the large bushing from slipping out.

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
jaykirs said:
Yeah, that's me alright. LOL In fact, the big one must have slipped out again because I am feeling vibrations again, it's getting very annoying. Is there a solution that you know of?
Well, mine has been doing fine so far so I'm not really sure what the problem with yours is. I just remembered you asking a while back if I had any trouble with mine and at the time I had JUST gotten mine installed...but it's been in for a while now and still going good.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just solved a shifting issue that came out of nowhere. The problem was a hose that was rubbing on the shifter mechanism. The hose is directly under the throtle body, a Ty rap took care of the problem.

·
Registered
666 Posts
jaykirs said:
...a VF Mount! [;)]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts