Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I bought my zx3 used, 01 and occasionaly when it is in gear, if I don't put it ( far ) enough into the right gear ( Usually third ) it will seem to slip out and give me a horrid grinding. Lately it has seem to pull hard out of gears ( usually third ) like it is sticking when I shift. Is that my clutch going or something else all together?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
you answered your own question...make sure you have it all the way in gear.

·
Registered
753 Posts
If you are depressing the clutch pedal all the way and it is hard to disengage a gear,you may have clutch/pressure plate issues.You have to fully engage gears in EVERY gear or risk damage.SVT_BMXer,love that avatar.(Ariel Atom is the ultimate ride!)

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
^
Agreed...I had a similar problem for a good four months and each time I took it to the dealer it was the same problem...shift cables were out of alignment and it was causing the transmission to jump out of gear. It could also be the third gear syncro, but its more likely that you'd be getting grinding going into gear, not coming out.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I concur with what everyone said above me.....lol. [thumb]

·
Registered
110 Posts
hEaT said:
The shifter cables could need to be re-adjusted or your 3rd gear synchro could be on the way out.
How do you adjust shifter cables?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts