Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Car Wont Shift Into Reverse And Im Furious, Everytime I Step On The Clutch And Pull Back I Go The Same Distance As If My Foot Wasnt On The Clutch And When I Finally Do Get It Pulled Back Far Enough My Gears Grind!!!

Please Help

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
I have to ask. You are pulling up on the "lock-out ring" right??? Also, if you are, pull the cover off and see if your shifter base may be cracked, or you have a loose or sticking cable.

·
Registered
381 Posts
[werd]. i love it when people try backing up my car and they cant figure it out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes im not an idiot i've had the car for 2 years i actually dont even have the ring anymore i put in a short shifter as soon as i bought it and its been fine ever since except this winter is really messed it up...i pulled up on the boot and it looks like when i try n shift into 4th or reverse just sitting there that i cant pull back any farther to find the gear

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
^^^ Hey I didn't know, you have a low post count and it may have been your first car with a lock-out ring. ( I think the lock-outs are stupid , too )... Try lubing the cables, or you can disconnect them and see if they are frozen or really stiff.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i went to the dealership and asked them what they thought or to see if it would be under warrenty and they said it might be a transmission problem....

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Your shift linkage in good repair? could it be sticking?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they fixed my car at a local shop and he said he bad to bleed the slave line and add new fluid and the car runs great....

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
sometimes by letting off the clutch a little bit will help it fall into gear..
sometimes i catch my svt not wanting to go into reverse
let off the clutch about an inch and it'll go in....
and yeah when i had my ZX3 it was funny watching people trying to put it in gear...
i miss that car

1 - 10 of 10 Posts