Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for a drive and wanted to see what my car can do so i punched it in first and when i tryed to shift to 2nt it would not go into 2nt? I think it was aroud 5 or 6 k rpm is there a safty thing that wont let you shift if the rpm is to high?[8]

·
Registered
607 Posts
I'd suggest NOT banging it into gears.. What most likely happened is your syncros didn't get all lined up and you tried to pop it in she didn't want to go.

There is no safety feature for shifting in this car. You bang your gears you'll pay the price. Remember this mantra...

Smooth is fast

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
My car would do the same thing on a fast 1-2 shift. I have some 17 second time slips from when this happened.

My wife bought me a STS for a present. When we tried to install it, we found out the shifter was for a 5 speed. After I put the stock shifter back in place, I stopped having this problem.

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
I've never encountered trouble from 1st to 2nd. [dunno]

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
I did this a couple of times when I first got the car, but it stopped, so I assume the problem was me.

·
Registered
91 Posts
one of my friends had this problem and we realized that when he was shifting he was pulling the shifter toward him and was hitting the reverse gear pattern. try shifting in a straight line or even a little bit toward fourth gear

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
i never had that happend to me. but i learn how to drive in stick! i cant stand to drive anything less. eveytime i drive a automantic i feel for the clutch!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
My 1st to 2nd was my fastest shift until I had to have this new tranny put in, now it's one of my slower ones.

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
Haha, whenever driving automatic, my left foot starts getting anxious.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Haha, whenever driving automatic, my left foot starts getting anxious.
Same, I find myself left foot braking alot when driving an auto. I do fine but every so often I instantively go to stab the clutch and nearly lock up the brakes[chair]

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
Haha, I've found myself trying to shake the shifter left-to-right to make sure I'm in Neutral while coming to a stop. D'OH!!!! [hihi]

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ya i hate auto also. I just need to practise i think with this car my last focus i could shift easy . But i will get it.

·
Banned
621 Posts
When I first got My SVT, I would rev to like 7k+, shift to second and then GGRRiiNNDD. It would scare the hell out of me , you just got to shift a little left and down. It takes a little practice.
I only have that problem when I'm racing now, Damn adrenaline.

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
^^Where do you drive 911s?????

1 - 20 of 22 Posts