Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I down shifted today into fourth gear and basically the shifter was stuck in fourth! After going as far as I could, I checked both linkage cables and they were both attached. Now, the shifter will only move up and down. No gates at all!. I can move the linkage fine wilth no restriction with the cables off and hear the tranny shifting internally so I think this either has to be a shifter problem or a linkage/cable issue. Any ideas please!!

P.S. now that I think about it , the white nut thing on the lower cable was loose and was just moving around. Could this be it??

The car doesnt drive at all.

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
The shifter cable linkage sounds like your problem. The same thing happened to my car sunday. just got it back yesterday. The button on the white housing fell out and I couldn't get out of fourth.

That cable needs to be secure in the housing. I think theres a how-to to fix briefly with zip ties. It may just need to be adjusted.

My mechanic told me ford updated this part and the new shifter linkage cable has metal teeth on it instead of plastic teeth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts