Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at these things and was wondering if it would be possible to wire them into our 4f27e tranny. Any thoughts? It'd sure be hella-cool. With these, an xcal2, alto clutches, a FR Torque converter, and a turbo kit, you'd definitely have the best of both worlds, right?

http://www.twistmachine.com/products/

·
Registered
273 Posts
dang

that would be pretty cool wourl u try and do that on your car ???

·
Registered
750 Posts
If somone could figure out how to make that kit work on a focus. I'm There[:D] I was just talking to my buddy who is in Cal right now for an internship and he drive the new prototype cars to the track and then the drivers and editors test them. He said the new 2007 audi he drove with the padle was the nicest thing he has ever driven. So audi with padles, Focus with padles. You know where Im coming from

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
^
You have to realize, though, that there's going to be a big difference between a high-dollar car that has a true clutch transmission with paddles and a selective automatic with paddles. Having driven true manuals and cars equipped with selective automatics, I can say that a selective automatic isn't even remotely close. And if you're going to spend money on rebuilding your automatic, you'd be defeating the whole reason to rebuild an automatic in the first place; the computer can shift more efficently than you could ever hope to.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Jborden said:
If somone could figure out how to make that kit work on a focus. I'm There[:D] I was just talking to my buddy who is in Cal right now for an internship and he drive the new prototype cars to the track and then the drivers and editors test them. He said the new 2007 audi he drove with the padle was the nicest thing he has ever driven. So audi with padles, Focus with padles. You know where Im coming from
agreed with frogman, the Audi paddle shifter, also known as DSG is a no joke manumatic. Its not even close to what this aftermarket thing is, but yea paddle shifts in a focus would be cool, hell a manumatic shifter period would be cool in a focus, or even a FORD.....why does ford still not have these kinda shifters in their cars, when almost every other major car company does[:(!]

·
Registered
750 Posts
I wasnt saying it would be the same thing, I was just saying that this could be the closest you could get and it would be almost as fun. Its like the audi but at the basement bargain price. I was just purely thinking about how much fun it would be.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah but at least when you want to accelerate, you wouldn't have to stomp your pedal, you'd just downshift via the paddle. And true, you'd program your computer to shift at all the perfect spots, but this would definitely be a lot more fun in everyday traffic driving!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts