Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
They work fine with NO modification. I installed one on my ATX. It's just a trim ring that goes around the shifter console. Just follow the instructions about not overtightening the screws and you'll be fine...about a 10 minute install.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I have a silver one that has yet to be installed. I got it off eBay cheaper then that. But I have a manual though. It shouldn't matter.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
I got mine on ebay too.

Since I live in Washington, I got mine 2 days after the auction ended from the guy who sold it. He has a variety of colors and provides instructions for install.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
I haven't seen anyone offering them in carbon fiber. ( not even on e-bay)

·
Registered
877 Posts
Ya, Ive been looking for a carbon fiber one aswell.. Well Ive been looking for everything in carbon fiber, lol

-Shawn

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Had a little trouble installing mine on my SVT.. It has a curved center and thicker shift boot....but I made her fit!!! It looks great!

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is a Chrome one and then the silver. The silver would be the one to look more like a brushed aluminum.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
I have the silver one and it doesn't really look like the brushed aluminum. It's more like a flat silver finish no texture or brushed look at all and definitely not polished. I do agree with jisturm, if you have the brushed aluminum center console the silver is the one to go with, it would come closer to going with than the chrome.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
they require drilling??

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Yes, you have to predrill 4 starter holes for the screws. Make sure you don't make your starter hole too big and when you screw the bezel down don't overtighten the screws.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts