Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace my shifter ball with a alum. one or stainless ( I know stainless gets cold and very hot) but the looks of it is out of this world! I was a tool and die maker and my father still is and just want one bad to dress it up any way any one know what the treads are and how to get it off ?? I have tried to unscrew it just by hand and nothing?? Help!!!! and if you know what size threads pitch is would help alot
thanks Dion

·
fOCUS Zetec 2.0
292 Posts
It honestly should just screw off. Mine does.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just replaced my shifter with a Steeda Tri/ax short throw and the stock shift ball is a pain in the ass to take off. I took a towel placed it around the metal piece just below the shift knob and used channel locks to unscrew it. Be sure to use a semi-thick towel or rag because anything thin will rip the metal off the bottom of the shifter using plyers.

Paul

·
Registered
13 Posts
I thought that it was stuck on there, (they used a thread locker I'm sure)... but lots of (hard) twisting, and mine finally came right off.

My only complaint (very minor, not really a complaint) with the Tri-Ax is that my shift pattern is now upside down [:D]

-christopher

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well it was just on tight I got a strap wrench and got it off but found out that at the bottom of the shaft on the ball is flats that you can get a wrench on them and losen or thighten it that way... well i found out that the threads that are on the shifter is 12MM x 1.25mm which the hardware store will not carry but lucky I was a tool and die maker to have thread gages laying around and had my dad which is still a tool and die maker make me a shifter ball drilling it so I have many holes and I put a red LED light in it to go alone with the neons I had under the seats and dash I will work on getting a pic it looks good I am happy with the way it came out

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well here it is all lit up with the under dash and seat lights to match the red inserts well looking back on getting it I wish I got the euro seats I like them better

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
let me know what everyone thinks is goes good with the pedals which are about the only polished metal on the car

·
Registered
671 Posts
Looks sweet man! The steel looks hot! I want one!

·
Registered
965 Posts
Where did you put the neon up on the drivers side. I bought some green ones and found a sweet spot on the passenger side but no place on the drivers!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think it was a 21 inch tube and I got it wegde up above the streering wheel and wire harness it with out zip ties or screws. then screwed it to the front metal of the seats and cut the felt insulation on the passanger side for the 9 inch tube I started with. and I think it looks pretty good how did you do the pass. side?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Not for me!? The lights are cool but don't like the shifter knob!? Not everyone has the same tastes!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts