Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an 2003 svt, and I have the cursed get rag shift slop, I'm looking at replacing my shifter assembly with a triax short throw and wanting to know if this will also get rid of the slop or is there something else I need to do when u do the swap I don't really care how much work I need to do, because I'm replacing the assembly boot and knob so I'm all already going to be all in for this anyway.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, are there certain bushing materials better than others and where is the best place to get them?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since cfm is where I'm getting the rest of the shifter parts from that'll be simple. And I looked at the shift mod on the forums. So let's just say, I do that mod, plus the bushing, tri ax, I also plan on getting that shifter cable from cfm. So if I do all of that it should hopefully fix the slop

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not sher if this is the right spot but , my shift cable broke at the adjustment spot the orange thing came out ,and i can get my car in to first or reverse but all the other gears work fine. Is instaling new cables as hard as iv read or can i do it on a weekend

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've got a lot of slop on my shifter as well, but unfortunately mine is slop coming from inside the transmission. When I put the transmission in gear and move from side to side, I can see the shifter linkage on the transmission moving.

This tells me the slop/play is not coming from the cable system, but from inside the transmission :-/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts