Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon everyone, I hope all is well. I recently picked up my second focus as a daily driver. It’s a 2003 SVT. About a week ago, I downshifted to 3rd, heard a “pop” sound and then lost all my gears. Pretty sure it’s the shifter linkage. I had lost reverse a bit prior to this as well. I guess what my question is, is how does one go about popping off the orange clip by the transmission to reset the linkages? I’ve tried prying at it with everything I got and it still won’t budge. What’s the technique? What am I missing here? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hey there,

I would spray a little WD40 or Liquid Wrench on the orange clip before trying to pry-it-up again.

Here's a video showing basic shifter link adjustment that makes me wonder if this will work on our SVTF too. Looks like the same setup as ours.
He had it in neutral and then popped the orange clip "up".
Went back and shifted into 4th gear.
Popped the orange clip back in.

I may need to adjust mine...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey there,

I would spray a little WD40 or Liquid Wrench on the orange clip before trying to pry-it-up again.

Here's a video showing basic shifter link adjustment that makes me wonder if this will work on our SVTF too. Looks like the same setup as ours.
He had it in neutral and then popped the orange clip "up".
Went back and shifted into 4th gear.
Popped the orange clip back in.

I may need to adjust mine...

I’ll have to give that a shot! Thank you sir, I’ll let you know what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.