Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically i really want a shift light :), i know it doesnt really serve much purpose but i like it when my friend buries his foot in his focus RS and the shift light illuminates at like 5500rpms. i have a 00plate zetec and was wondering if theres a way to install one? hopefully quick and easy hehe.

anyone help would be great :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
um get an aftermarket tach? i'd say 2001 us focus tach but im certain the wiring would be hell to hook up properly, do you have any tach at all or is it just the speedo?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Shift lights are over rated. If you cant tell when to shift with out a light going off in your face then you should drive a automatic. But to answere you question you need a tach driver for after market tach and light. If your focus came with both a speedo and tach then it should have a little arrow that lights up below the tach.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shift lights are over rated. If you cant tell when to shift with out a light going off in your face then you should drive a automatic. But to answere you question you need a tach driver for after market tach and light. If your focus came with both a speedo and tach then it should have a little arrow that lights up below the tach.
as i said i only wanted one because it looks cool, no need to tell me i need an automatic thats just nasty

·
Registered
22 Posts
there should be one in the clusters with a tach. the xcal 2 can set the light which is programmed at focus sport however thats if you want a tune with your car. mine goes off at 6300 rpm.

·
Registered
58 Posts
(GT25FOCAL) if u read your owners manuel right, the stock "arrow" that points up, is for fuel economy, not performance.... Fyi, and just as long as the shift light isn't one that can blind anyone in sight, they are tight.... Although I haven't seen any shift lights "al la cart" so to speak.. But if u find a way, pm me n lemme know. I wud do it too.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
don we have a stock shift light?
the fuel econ shift light?
light foot it comes on 1700rpm...
heavey foot it comes on around 5500rpm

·
Registered
442 Posts
Is there an option to change the shift light in the gauge test thing? theres one part where it goes 2000>4000>5000>6000 or something right? i always thought thats was for the shift light. Obviously it would suck to go through all that everytime though

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
the only way to change the shift light time is to get a tune. if you get the xcal 2 you can pick where you want the light to come on

1 - 13 of 13 Posts