1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
F-Shift lights

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yes, I installed a shift light in my SVTF, since the tach is mostly hidden behind the steering wheel. Works great, can dial it for any redline, no guessing...

...the business end:

·
Registered
61 Posts
i want a shift light because i have a pounding ass system in my svtf eap and cant feel or hear my car 90% of the time im driving. about how much does one of these lights cost? and how easy is it to install?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Talk about a spot light in your eye when u shift good lord, Seems dangerious to me havint it like that, "lol i cant see past 2nd gear, i blinded by then"

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
Moved to "Interior Mods & Upgrades Chat"

this mod isnt SVT Specific...

i have a Autometer DSS shift light system in my car. i love it. it is soo much safer than your eyes constantly looking down at the gauges. when it glows, you shift. easy

·
Registered
114 Posts
... about how much does one of these lights cost? and how easy is it to install?
It's made by Proform and you can pick one up from Jeg's for around 50 bucks. I had to also install a Ford Racing Tach Driver to pick up the tach signal for the light. Install is easy, depending where you mount it.

It's not a spotlight and it doesn't blind you, especially where I have mine located. I also installed a thin piece of foam over the lens to tone down the flash a bit. It's meant to catch your peripheral vision so you can keep your eyes focused on the road/track ahead of you. If you're staring at the light at your shift point, you're looking at the wrong place.

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
^^ Tis the way to go.

The one picture i would take it isn't entirely too bright. But enough to let you know. I don't like them but my system sucks big muffler. So i can feel and hear everything. FInd something you like that will let you know even change the color to something you may enjoy more like blue or green.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I went with a raptor shift light. you can get them in differant led colors ( ie green, blue, red yellow.....) and hey come in a couple of casing colors as well. no tach adaptor needed. just hook to ground, a switched power source. and one of the black with colored stripes coming off your coilpack(I had a remote start installed and I just tapped off of that.) then you just set your rpms with a 2 little dials on the side and then your set to go. and it only cost $115 canadian and can be used an any car I want and or on a street bike. I love it and it comes with three caps , one clear one the color of the leds and one black.

here is the website
http://www.raptorperformance.com/

·
Registered
209 Posts
i've got a silver proform shift light for sale. it was like $54 new from jegs and i never got around to installing it so it's pretty much brand new. i'd let it go for $40 shipped if u're interested. it needs the tach adapter like blueohtwo mentioned.

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
I've been putting this off for the longest. I contacted BlueOhTwo a while back about install. When I finally get around turns out Ford discontinued the tach driver. Any one had any luck with aftermarket tach drivers?

·
Registered
93 Posts
like I said before look into the raptor one youdon't need a tach adaptor and it is half the size of the proform one. I think it has a 3/4 inch diamiter and is like 4 inches long.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts