Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a shift knob for my Foci, but can't find a cheap one and one that I really like. It has to have the regular 5 spd diagram (no 6 speed or stuff like that)

I know DePue has one that I like, but can't seem to find one like it anywhere...

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
for real?
but it looks so good...[:D]

I'll give you mine stock if you give me yours...[:D]

·
Registered
284 Posts
Depue you got a pic of your shift knob?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DePue said:
Sorry, no trades... but...
You could probably get one for a few $ at a salvage yard. There must be a bazillion 01 focuses in the junkyard.
good point..

-Sinan the Junkie [:D]

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and for those interested how this shifter knob looks like:

Focuses built before '02 have the one on the left. After '02 is the right one..which I have too...

·
Registered
622 Posts
hey 06ZX4SES, I got that knob in my '04 ZX3, I love it. Feels great, nice grip, cold up here in the winter though!

·
Registered
622 Posts
I don't have the reciept with me here, but i believe I paid like $34 bux shipped for the roush one.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Roush aluminum with engraved shift pattern
RS leather shift know with embossed shift pattern
Greedy aluminum with attachable shift pattern emblem
RS aluminum shift knob
2002 cougar leather shift knob with shift pattern insert
Mazda 3 shift knobs with shift pattern insert

All these are screw on knobs.

Since you did not mention you had your stock shift knob, you can keep that.

the thread size is 12m x 1.25 .....if I am correct. so any shift knob with that thread size should fit.

do a search for custom shift knobs, there is a dealer who makes custom shift knobs from the east coast. He only makes a limited number of each design. or he can make you your own personal design. they are billet aluminum, and it will run from $60-90 bucks.

The Mazda3 or the roush shoul be the cheapest.

If you are okay with universal knobs, try momo, greedy, and there are others. but you shold find something out of those.

·
Registered
230 Posts
hey guys, sorry if this has been asked before but....

i was at a car show today, and they had like the parts selling part, like swap meet or whatever, and they had an 05+ mustang shift knob for 10 bucks. i didnt get it, but would one of those fit on the stock stick?

i think they look really good.
thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
No. They will not fit. I listed all your choices above. My friend has a Performance shop for mustangs, I personally drove my 2006 focus over there, and tried to see if any mustang shift knobs would fit, and they all did not fit. They have a different thread size.

If you saw off your shifter stick and weld a shifter stick from a mustang it will work. I saw someone here who did that. Hey, just buy one of the ones above. If you really want a cheap knob, go to autozone, pep boys, or some place like that and get the univeral shift knobs. Its like 10 bucks.

Dude I have have looked all over the internet, and mustang shop to find a cool shift knob. And what I told you is it. If someone else knows something, they can let us both know.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.